• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Cold Calling Action

fetam

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
My dreams are worthless, my plans are dust, my goals are impossible. All are of no value unless they are followed by action.

I will act now!

My procrastination which has held me back was born of fear and now I recognize this secret mined from the depths of all courageous hearts. Now I know that to conquer fear I must always act without hesitation and the flutters in my heart will vanish. Now I know that action reduces the lion of terror to an ant of equanimity.

I will act now!

Henceforth, I will remember the lesson of the firefly who gives of its light only when it is on the wing, only when it is in action. I will be as the firefly and my light will brighten the world.

I will not avoid the tasks of today and charge them to tomorrow, for I know tomorrow never comes. Let me act now even though my actions may not bring happiness or success for it is better to act and fail than to not act and flounder.

I will act now!

2 hours of cold calling for Med Supps starting now. Will update you with the results.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Not sure what the point of my post is, but maybe to give myself a full view of my goals and my results. If it helps someone else, then hooray. If not, hoocares! ;)

Did my 2 hours of calling. Using Mojo dialer with my list of 67-80yrs income 15k-70k. I was calling strictly for Medicare Supplements. Not MA or FE. I couldn't get my Mojo to use more than 2 lines though. Not sure what the heck was up with that.

So here are my results for the 2 hours with 2 lines.

Answering Machine - 5 (no message left)
DNC - 4
DNQ FE Letter - 6
Not Interested Intro Letter - 3
No Answer - 38
Bad Numbers - 5
Set Callback - 1 (She was in bath tub-not a pretty thought)
Med Advantage call back appointment - 6
MedSupp Appointment - 3

So that wasn't a bad session. Out of the 71 dials I got 3 solid appointments to write new plans. Not to drop off info. 6 Med Advantage phone appointments. I told the person that they might be getting a letter from their carrier by Oct 1st and I would call them on the 4th. These call backs were for specific times. Not that they would sit by the phone waiting for my call 3 weeks down the road, but it made it seem more of a "expect my damn call!".

The ones that were DNQ were those that had some kind of employer paid insurance or covered under the VA/Tricare. I told them they were in good shape. Then asked if they had their final expenses and plans in place. After making conversation (not salesy) I told them I had something they should read and I would mail it to them. So 6 possible prospects for FE there.

The not interested people were those that were scared to talk to me or were so quick to say, NO THANK YOU and hang up. I have an intro letter that apologizes for scaring them and basically tells them what I was calling for. The letter is a little more detailed than you can be in the 8-10 seconds it takes to say your opening "script".

I don't leave messages on answering machines because I hate getting call backs that interrupt my calling session. I use Vonage so it's very easy to turn on and off my call waiting. I turn it off for my dialing time. I just don't want to be bothered when I'm in the "zone".

I do forward my incoming calls to my cell phone while I dial though. This makes it so my office line isn't interrupted but helps those that call back because they see my number on caller ID. Now they can leave a message if they are curious to see who called.

So 2 - 2 hour sessions of calling on Monday for appointments on Tuesday. And 2 - 2 hour sessions of calling on Wednesday for Thursday and maybe some Friday appointments. Should yield me 12-14 sits. If I get cancellations I will have my list of people I can call from my car while I'm out. I'm shooting for 5 sales a week for a commission of $2000 a week. All this with no lead costs besides my time, Mojo, Vonage, Google Calendar, name list from Acxiom, and Franks YIO.

Last edited:
No you will not make it. sorry . you will make no money this year pal . you will not have a shot at it and that is the truth. who do you know is doin this crap your doin???? heheheh waving at you .

No you will not make it. sorry . you will make no money this year pal . you will not have a shot at it and that is the truth. who do you know is doin this crap your doin???? heheheh waving at you .

This in no way can be confused with the English language. Are the schools performing this poorly today?

My dreams are worthless, my plans are dust, my goals are impossible. All are of no value unless they are followed by action.

I will act now!

My procrastination which has held me back was born of fear and now I recognize this secret mined from the depths of all courageous hearts. Now I know that to conquer fear I must always act without hesitation and the flutters in my heart will vanish. Now I know that action reduces the lion of terror to an ant of equanimity.

I will act now!

Henceforth, I will remember the lesson of the firefly who gives of its light only when it is on the wing, only when it is in action. I will be as the firefly and my light will brighten the world.

I will not avoid the tasks of today and charge them to tomorrow, for I know tomorrow never comes. Let me act now even%2

I hope you are not stretching the truth, but somehow I doubt it. Using your own numbers, you spoke to 23 cold prospects on the phone and sold 3 med supps(basically,if you used Frank's script). Even the guru is not that good....

Last edited:
I hope you are not stretching the truth, but somehow I doubt it. Using your own numbers, you spoke to 23 cold prospects on the phone and sold 3 med supps(basically,if you used Frank's script). Even the guru is not that good....

he has 3 "solid" appointments made...now he has to sell them....

Great quote, but you need to give the man, Og Mandino, his attribution. I went door-to-door for five summers my college years, and my first two years in the insurance business, and there's simply no better cold call motivator than Og Mandino's The Greatest Salesman in the World. It was literally a daily reader.

If you're cold calling and haven't picked up Og's paperbacks, you're missing out, holmes.

Back