• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Cold Calling Script

ghealthplus

Expert
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a good cold calling script for the annuity market that works really well? Need some help with this.

All replies welcomed. Thank you very much.

I went through a period of cold calling for annuity prospects a couple of years ago and about burned out chasing down cases that averaged 30k in premium.

A funny thing happened after I had been in the business for a couple of years. I maintained and nurtured my existing life and ltci client relationships and started cross-selling annuities that avg 200k per case.

Focus on med supps, ltci, life for the 50 and over crowd and then nurture those relationships. I bet you will sell more annuities.

Doing an annual review I came across a client that had just inherited the family farm and sold it for 600k...yep, he took an annuity.

Spoke with another independent life agent that did an annual review in Dec with a client that was retiring and put 900k of 1.2 mil in an annuity--wonder what his 401k looked like a few years ago...which is why he wanted the annuity after he learned about it from a trusted advisor.

To answer your question I think an annual review is going to beat any cold call script.

I went through a period of cold calling for annuity prospects a couple of years ago and about burned out chasing down cases that averaged 30k in premium.

A funny thing happened after I had been in the business for a couple of years. I maintained and nurtured my existing life and ltci client relationships and started cross-selling annuities that avg 200k per case.

Focus on med supps, ltci, life for the 50 and over crowd and then nurture those relationships. I bet you will sell more annuities.

Doing an annual review I came across a client that had just inherited the family farm and sold it for 600k...yep, he took an annuity.

Spoke with another independent life agent that did an annual review in Dec with a client that was retiring and put 900k of 1.2 mil in an annuity--wonder what his 401k looked like a few years ago...which is why he wanted the annuity after he learned about it from a trusted advisor.

To answer your question I think an annual review is going to beat any cold call script.

naturally you will have a stronger closing % with your warm/hot network (clients that you already have), however, there are many people that are just starting out and do not have that current book to work from. annual reviews are very quick when you have nobody to do them on.

the purpose of a script would be for cold-calling purposes of bringing new blood into your book.

i've been doing some research on scripts (which in my opinion are just guidelines) and have found a decent article that takes us back to sales 101. i think we all forget some of these basics when we go 'live' on the phone.

google "ezinearticles annuity scripts" and it's the 2nd one listed

I think you're setting yourself up for a disappointment because of the following:

Cold calling in and of itself is a type of work that is infinitely more technical and complicated than most folks realize.
An annuity script is going to be contingent on using good data with a clearly defined target. If you're not using a highly targeted list, you're going to have the ability to set yourself up to fail on additional levels.
Most importantly, if someone were to have a script and system that works, the last thing they would do if they were in their right mind would be to share it on this public of a forum without any compensation.

naturally you will have a stronger closing % with your warm/hot network (clients that you already have), however, there are many people that are just starting out and do not have that current book to work from. annual reviews are very quick when you have nobody to do them on.

the purpose of a script would be for cold-calling purposes of bringing new blood into your book.

i've been doing some research on scripts (which in my opinion are just guidelines) and have found a decent article that takes us back to sales 101. i think we all forget some of these basics when we go 'live' on the phone.

google "ezinearticles annuity scripts" and it's the 2nd one listed
Hi Thanks for the tip but the 2nd one listed is "Create Your Own Annuity Leads with Indexed Annuity Radio" OR is it the 3rd one listed Title "Annuity Appointment Setting-Super Sales Techniques Ezine Articles" ?? Please let me know. Thank you very much.

Hi Thanks for the tip but the 2nd one listed is "Create Your Own Annuity Leads with Indexed Annuity Radio" OR is it the 3rd one listed Title "Annuity Appointment Setting-Super Sales Techniques Ezine Articles" ?? Please let me know. Thank you very much.

3rd one, sorry. can't post links yet.

Back