• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Cold Calling with a Telemarketer

This may be a stupid question, but here we go:

I am going to use a telemarketer to cold call some consumers to set up some appointments for a niche life insurance product. My question is does the telemarketer have to have a life license to set up appointments? And can they ask questions related to health conditions, age, etc. to qualify the consumer as a good lead?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

No, he or she does not need to be licensed in order to ask questions about diabetic life insurance or any other niche like burial insurance. Just like a paralegal can ask all of the questions pertaining to a legal case intake, and a front desk clerk at the doctor's office can ask the nature of your visit. It is the dispensation of legal, health, or insurance advice and counsel that requires the license.

The more he or she asks on your behalf of the potential client, of course the more qualified the lead. Then, you're spending your time with the best prospects!

This may be a stupid question, but here we go:

I am going to use a telemarketer to cold call some consumers to set up some appointments for a niche life insurance product. My question is does the telemarketer have to have a life license to set up appointments? And can they ask questions related to health conditions, age, etc. to qualify the consumer as a good lead?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Last edited:
I used cold calling and telemarketing for the last 6 years for my P&C business.. I used a telemarketer. She was great. The first few years were great. I got about 70 of my new business from the telemarketing. Over the last 2 years though, I started seeing this type of marketing decrease due to Caller ID, Depleting Land Lines, Do Not Call Lists and people just not want to deal with telemarketing. I changed my marketing away from telemarketing Cold Calling to Facebook and facebook advertising. Facebook actually goes Viral with your informtion. You can actually target specific niches.

I don't recommend Cold Calling any more.

Kevin---

Back