• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Cold Calling

I love this forum more and more every day. I learn so much from it! :1smile:List Bill - how is it done? Manually, software? A website to describe this further please?
Thanks,
Sue

calling of individual prospects at home really does not produce anything more than disappointment. We have been focusing on the worksite market selling individual health insurance using list bill. The employers allow us to speak with their employees because their is no cost to them when the employees purchase coverage. We cold call the employers using either telemarketers or our agents

The old days of sitting and finger dialing through the phone book are dead, but that does not mean that phone prospecting is dead. Technology has just changed the game. If I were you I would not call blind through the phone book. Find a good data provider for Opt-in and DNC scrubbed data and get a good predictive dialing system that dials the leads and has a built in CRM to track those leads from open to close. However, you have to realize that no matter how good your pitch is and how good your data is, it is still a numbers game so don't give up after an hour.

Who do you buy your data from?

With so many business owners not offering group benefits the market for approaching them for list billed (one bill to owner) is huge. The employer allows our agents to talk to the emplyees and sell them individual medical insurance. We use Blue Cross medical policies. Blue Cross supports list billing and takes care of that part. We will also offer ancillary products like life, dental and Aflac at the same time. You would be amazed at how many applications you can walk away with. Some agents use an HRA in combination to basically let the employer contribute.

I love this forum more and more every day. I learn so much from it! :1smile:List Bill - how is it done? Manually, software? A website to describe this further please?
Thanks,
Sue

calling of individual prospects at home really does not produce anything more than disappointment. We have been focusing on the worksite market selling individual health insurance using list bill. The employers allow us to speak with their employees because their is no cost to them when the employees purchase coverage. We cold call the employers using either telemarketers or our agents
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
berlindenys.com/file/7c58deda4eef170181d496ca95650d88
This link to our website describes the Blue Cross portion of list bill. They call it Blue@work.

With so many business owners not offering group benefits the market for approaching them for list billed (one bill to owner) is huge. The employer allows our agents to talk to the emplyees and sell them individual medical insurance. We use Blue Cross medical policies. Blue Cross supports list billing and takes care of that part. We will also offer ancillary products like life, dental and Aflac at the same time. You would be amazed at how many applications you can walk away with. Some agents use an HRA in combination to basically let the employer contribute.

Thanks,
Sue

Last edited:
The only guys who are getting rich selling term insurance online in their underwear are the guys selling other agents the systems showing them how to sell term insurance online in THEIR underwear. Dean Cipriano has been selling that bit for as long as I can remember.

I know a few that have opened the jet-issue call centers and failed miserably because of the cost of leads...it is the hardest part of the business, getting leads!

Back