Companies

Hi, my name is Brooke and I am looking into getting my insurance license. In fact, I'm going to be enrolling in them probably tonight. I have a few questions.
1) I have had many offers from separate companies and I need help seeing which ones are good and which are bad. I have narrowed it down to two.
--Waddell & Reed
--NAA
2) Secondly, which is better to start with? I plan on getting both licenses eventually but to start off as a beginner which is better: Life & Health, or Property & Casualty?
3) Lastly, should I go on with one of the above companies (or other independent contractor type companies) or should I do the whole "captive agent" thing to start off with?

Thanks so much in advance,
Brooke

L&H and P&C are worlds apart. Personally I would start L&H if doing it all over. Also...not to be a downer, but personally I would pick another program than either of the 2 listed (that's just me).

Have you worked with Waddell & Reed??

No although I talked to them once.

----------

L&H and P&C are worlds apart. Personally I would start L&H if doing it all over. Also...not to be a downer, but personally I would pick another program than either of the 2 listed (that's just me).

Neither Waddell and Reed of NAA have anything to do with P&C.

Have you considered AGLA, Combined, Transamerica, Western Southern, or Metlife. They are all places you look at.

No although I talked to them once.

----------

Neither Waddell and Reed of NAA have anything to do with P&C.

I know I was just saying that of those 2 personally I'd go elsewhere for Life and annuity dealings. If OP wants to go P&C then first licensed is a producer for an agent or captive play all the way. Waddell is better of the 2 but they are really different markets, as stated.

Back