Compensation

You haven't even hit the tough parts where people buy then don't do the paramedics or get declined or they don't take or free look the policy you get through underwriting.

When that happens, I am sure it will be the office's fault.. They use the wrong paramedic firms, underwriting is too strict or too slow, etc. :no:

bruce:

i did 10 years @ NYL. CFP, CLU, ChFC. Eagle Strategies, Council the whole time, yada, yada yada. no one knows that place better than me. NO ONE! please answer a few questions (some personal) before i properly diagnose and cure your problem:

what did you do prior?
profile of your warm market?
what GO are you in?
ethnic ratio of GO? your ethnicity?
do you have sales experience?
what income did you earn before?
net worth?
how old are you?
whats your mentor's story?
what exactly have you sold @ NYL exclusive of family members?

Turnabout being fair play, what, may I ask does New York Life owe me? What do I have a right to expect from my employer?

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Glad2bHere said:
Turnabout being fair play, what, may I ask does New York Life owe me? What do I have a right to expect from my employer?

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Gee based on your contract they owe you commissions on the policies you put in force. That is all they owe you.

Soooo.....how about we tell the applicants that little Fact of Life right up front. Why all of the hoopla about making 100-s of thousands the first year based solely on ones Work Ethic? How about telling the impoverished unemployed that selling Insurance is mostly about WHO you know and not WHAT you know?

Case in point? Just before I left NYL a baseball player came on board and was immediately taken under the wing of one of the managing partners. Wonder why? Well it seems that Mr BB player knew people all over the country and got very specific and individualized attention for it.

Seems that selling Insurance is all about using people...plain and simple. And if thats what it takes then I guess people are right....I applied to the wrong field. I don't use people, and have not used people. And, I have no intention of starting now.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

What a whiny azz you are. Go into the Finale Expense forum and check out some of the treads from some of the young guns that are cold calling all day, knocking on doors in the hood, borrowing money to do mailers. These guys are working their business not sniveling on a board. I believe you mentioned before that you are a grown azz man. Act like it.

As far as connected? What a bunch of bull shite! I would bet most people that have started were not "connected". They just put the crying towel away and got to it. You have so much more going for you than a lot of the guys starting that out there this very minute. But you prefer to bitch and moan.

I wish I had a tenth of your assets when I started 27 years ago. I had less than zero. What I did have was a work ethic. Did I bitch? Hell yeah! But I worked like a man. As I type this I have a 17 year old son walking door to door looking for a summer job. He will find one. May not be what he wants but he will find one. He is not sniveling about the job market.

Notice that are no agent unions. There is a reason. We eat what we kill. Don't kill anything? Do not eat. I have spent that last couple weeks taking care of some personal business, so I have been taking care of my insurance business at 5am or 11pm or on my cell phone from my car parked under a tree. Work ethic.

I suggest a Union or Government JOB.

Soooo.....how about we tell the applicants that little Fact of Life right up front. Why all of the hoopla about making 100-s of thousands the first year based solely on ones Work Ethic? How about telling the impoverished unemployed that selling Insurance is mostly about WHO you know and not WHAT you know?

Case in point? Just before I left NYL a baseball player came on board and was immediately taken under the wing of one of the managing partners. Wonder why? Well it seems that Mr BB player knew people all over the country and got very specific and individualized attention for it.

Seems that selling Insurance is all about using people...plain and simple. And if thats what it takes then I guess people are right....I applied to the wrong field. I don't use people, and have not used people. And, I have no intention of starting now.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

I'll say again, Wino.....nobody is disagreeing about having to work hard. If you pulled yourself up by your bootstraps, good for you. Having just experienced what I have with the Insurance Business, I suggest that there are a lot more perils than people are made aware of before they start.

By common acclaim this business has a failure rate of over 90%. I suggest to you that this is no accident. I would also suggest that you caught a couple of very significant breaks. I'm going to bet that you didn't pull yourself up all on your lonesome.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

A little back ground: Grew up very poor in a very bad place. Our elementary school teachers could and did beat the crap out of you. Same with the cops. Dropped out of high school to work construction at 16. Child at 17. After 4 years service, construction as a laborer in 110` summers. Worked my way up to estimating and building customs I worked for a percentage of the net. No salary. At 32, divorced and moved 3 hours and social light years away. I knew one family within a 3 hour drive. Entered into the insurance business sleeping on a buddy's floor had one Mervyn's polyester suit two ties and two shirts. I did not buy lunch in the begining so that I could buy gas. or phone booth calls. I was at John Hancock a year and a half. I was my manager's bitch. He said jump I jumped till he said stop. Kinda like boot camp. Remember boot camp? My first full year I made convention. He did not.

I have had breaks, but they can all be traced back to actions I have done. I would bet that I am one of the least educated people on this forum. But no one will out work me.

You could be up and running in less than two weeks. Again go into the final expense board and check out some of those kids.

What field are you coming out of?

I'll say again, Wino.....nobody is disagreeing about having to work hard. If you pulled yourself up by your bootstraps, good for you. Having just experienced what I have with the Insurance Business, I suggest that there are a lot more perils than people are made aware of before they start.

By common acclaim this business has a failure rate of over 90%. I suggest to you that this is no accident. I would also suggest that you caught a couple of very significant breaks. I'm going to bet that you didn't pull yourself up all on your lonesome.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

A little back ground: Grew up very poor in a very bad place. Our elementary school teachers could and did beat the crap out of you. Same with the cops. Dropped out of high school to work construction at 16. Child at 17. After 4 years service, construction as a laborer in 110` summers. Worked my way up to estimating and building customs I worked for a percentage of the net. No salary. At 32, divorced and moved 3 hours and social light years away. I knew one family within a 3 hour drive. Entered into the insurance business sleeping on a buddy's floor had one Mervyn's polyester suit two ties and two shirts. I did not buy lunch in the begining so that I could buy gas. or phone booth calls. I was at John Hancock a year and a half. I was my manager's bitch. He said jump I jumped till he said stop. Kinda like boot camp. Remember boot camp? My first full year I made convention. He did not.

I have had breaks, but they can all be traced back to actions I have done. I would bet that I am one of the least educated people on this forum. But no one will out work me.

You could be up and running in less than two weeks. Again go into the final expense board and check out some of those kids.

What field are you coming out of?

I was a teacher...so I know bit about long hours and hard work. I also noticed a very telling point in your response.

By being your manager's bitch, I conclude that you had a very close relationship. I would also bet that he started, early-on, to show you how to optimize your work efforts. I bet he took a personal interest in your knowledge of product and how to target a particular demographic with a particular product or approach. I'll bet dollars against donuts that he DIDN'T tell you to start calling family and friends and making appointments for him, did he? I'd also bet that you didn't pay for your own licensing exam or training, did you? In short, you didn't sign a contract with a major Insurance corporation and then get left out to dry, did you?

Big Difference.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Teachers in California have a very large and powerful union. Some piss poor ones make more money than better ones simply because of tenure. Very hard to impossible to fire one. Not merit based. Horrible system. Un American.

I did make every appointment, made every call, built every file, drove to each appointment, did all the paper work after the sale.

You were a teacher, I was an un educated construction worker. Who do you think had a better chance of success? You know, never mind. I know the answer, I did. I always would out work people like you.

Go back into teaching, Political science maybe. Demon corporation.

I was a teacher...so I know bit about long hours and hard work. I also noticed a very telling point in your response.

By being your manager's bitch, I conclude that you had a very close relationship. I would also bet that he started, early-on, to show you how to optimize your work efforts. I bet he took a personal interest in your knowledge of product and how to target a particular demographic with a particular product or approach. I'll bet dollars against donuts that he DIDN'T tell you to start calling family and friends and making appointments for him, did he? I'd also bet that you didn't pay for your own licensing exam or training, did you? In short, you didn't sign a contract with a major Insurance corporation and then get left out to dry, did you?

Big Difference.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Back