Consumer Facing Quote Engine for Medicare Supplements

Keep in mind the AARP increases are very low in FL, I haven't written any other Supp in Fl. Till Now, I have a couple I had to just put on one Cigna one Aetna because they are in the rears with AARP 4 months now

I have had them on AARP Supp for 4 years, But I cringe at the thought of the calls after the increases, I did, however, explain this will be the case

I’m mostly writing humana med supps now. I explain to my clients that UHC has had the lowest increases since I have recorded (2003) and humana just had a huge decrease. But when humana is $166 (G) with silver sneakers and UHC is $178, most choose humana.

In fact, UHC and blue cross have always had low increases and stay close in price. I do believe humana can compete with them in the long term.

I’m mostly writing humana med supps now. I explain to my clients that UHC has had the lowest increases since I have recorded (2003) and humana just had a huge decrease. But when humana is $166 (G) with silver sneakers and UHC is $178, most choose humana.

In fact, UHC and blue cross have always had low increases and stay close in price. I do believe humana can compete with them in the long term.

I don't know about Humana I don't write their supps for other reasons I do their MA and PDP only when I have to, But as far as aetna or cigna I try not to write in In Fl but I do write them in other states

I don't know about Humana I don't write their supps for other reasons I do their MA and PDP only when I have to, But as far as aetna or cigna I try not to write in In Fl but I do write them in other states

Have yet to do a Cigna in FL. Humana is hot:chatterbox: right now. Not to mention 20% comm and $50 bonus on each app

I need to be careful, though. If I don’t write 5 med supps with UHC this year I can’t write them for 6 months. So dumb. I think I’m at a whole 2 apps.

Chazm, Aug, 2017 -

I have CSG and have yet to see Humana in my area yet

Chazm, today

I’m mostly writing humana med supps now.

UHC and blue cross have always had low increases and stay close in price. I do believe humana can compete with them in the long term.

Humana is hot:chatterbox: right now. Not to mention 20% comm and $50 bonus on each app

Who is buying Humana this week?

Doesn't it make you wonder what might happen when H finally pulls the plug?

Asking for a friend.

Chazm, Aug, 2017 -

I have CSG and have yet to see Humana in my area yet

Chazm, today

I’m mostly writing humana med supps now.

UHC and blue cross have always had low increases and stay close in price. I do believe humana can compete with them in the long term.

Humana is hot:chatterbox: right now. Not to mention 20% comm and $50 bonus on each app

Who is buying Humana this week?

Doesn't it make you wonder what might happen when H finally pulls the plug?

Asking for a friend.

Yup. Never wrote one before 1/1/18. They were always really high in FL. I think a plan F was $230 since I’ve been in the biz.
But, if fl blue and UHC can year after year, have low rates and low increases, why can’t humana?
Of course, I have no idea what they will do. But I inform each client that Humana is the cheapest right now but that’s only because of the huge rate decrease. And if they become unhealthy, they may not be able to get UHC in the future.

Yup. Never wrote one before 1/1/18. They were always really high in FL. I think a plan F was $230 since I’ve been in the biz.
But, if fl blue and UHC can year after year, have low rates and low increases, why can’t humana?
Of course, I have no idea what they will do. But I inform each client that Humana is the cheapest right now but that’s only because of the huge rate decrease. And if they become unhealthy, they may not be able to get UHC in the future.
AARP is easy to qualify for in FL not that much of a risk with that

if fl blue and UHC can year after year, have low rates and low increases, why can’t humana?

How much did they lower their rates (exclusive of G which is new for them) to suddenly get "hot"? Why would they lower their rates (that is an assumption at this point) and then offer low rate increases?

How much did they lower their rates (exclusive of G which is new for them) to suddenly get "hot"? Why would they lower their rates (that is an assumption at this point) and then offer low rate increases?

They lowered plan F by about 15% I believe. No new name. Plus they are the only ones to offer silver sneakers and commission went from 15% to 20%.

I doubt I’d get a real answer if I called and asked humana why the lower rates. But UHC has long been the low rate leader with low rate increases. They just had their bigggest increase in over 15 years I believe, at 4.9%. Many years they stayed the same.

But like Vic said, UHC isn’t hard to qualify for if humana does increase a lot. No doctor info and no Drug list needed.

I don't have a dog in that hunt. Having seen carriers pad their book in the past, buying business with low rates and agent incentives, just smells of a bait and switch move to pinch the consumer.

I don't use UHC. Never saw a reason to offer them here. Not competitive and they are a carrier that loves to compete head to head with agents.

Their standard rates are nothing to write home about. Now that UHC is offering plan G they do have strong rates here but not enough to make me want to get in bed with them. Their substandard rates are pretty high on F and the other plans. Haven't looked at the high tier rates for G.

I don't run into a lot of situations where people just barely miss the cut from an underwriting perspective with the carriers I use regularly. Seems like they either qualify or the Grim Reaper is standing behind them.

I do send as many U65 SSDI/Medicare folks as I can to UHC. Invite the prospect to go direct via AARP. If they are close to 65 I will remind them they have a new open enrollment in a few years and we need to reconnect then. Sometimes I write them @ 65, sometimes not. No big deal.

Low hanging fruit is my target market. And I avoid working with carriers that have no use for the agent.

UHC just added lifetime renewals which is nice.
I have no allegiance to any med supp company. I don’t think any really give a damn about us. But if they have low rates and no history of high increases like MoO, I’ll use them.

No standard rates with UHC here in FL so I don’t know much about that. But if Aetna gives high commissions just like humana and they both have low rates, who would you trust? Aetna plays the shell game. MoO does too. You don’t write UHC. Cigna plays the game. I have united American but they just had a huge decrease just like humana. So why should I trust them more? At this point that leaves you with colonial penn (can’t write), Florida blue (can’t write). Americo has ok rates but what makes me trust them?
CSI will cost my client about 20% more than everyone else. So nope.

Leaves you writing UHC, humana and Aetna.

Back