Consumers Lose when Agents/brokers Lose Commissions

kgmom219... what I have now discovered is that my clients enrolling On Mktpl with this one ins co, the agent NPN was NOT transferring from the gov’t app to the insurance app! My rep for that co instructed me to provide a list of clients I enrolled to get credit (there were at least 10 ind/fam so far that I know of).

What really bothers me is that the gov’t sends an email out every day to last yrs enrollees (good and bad).

GOOD… the client is more likely to go into hc.gov and update personal info (for fear of losing big brother’s $ support) and buy again.

BAD… the majority of my ON mktpl clients did not apply via my quoting tool this year (so that I could track enrollment). They are accustom to going directly into hc.gov. My info in several cases is not always transferring from last yr’s gov’t app to this yr! I have spoken to most of my clients and have found in some cases the agent info is blank or the NPN this year is another agents (not a one or digit error on the clients part of keying incorrectly).

I would have never gotten credit.

My head is spinning trying to get a handle on what each client has done! Has this happened to anyone else???

If they are going directly to Healthcare.gov, you basically have no control & no real insight into what they are doing. That's by design . . . .the whole thing is a cluster that really is made to get the agent out of it. . . .

I have one company I saw this with this year. Its 40% of what I wrote with this carrier. AORs have to be sent in.

We've had this issue every year. Never had 40%, but every year, you have to do an audit.

Then audit your commission statement every month. Its lots of fun!

kgmom219... what I have now discovered is that my clients enrolling On Mktpl with this one ins co, the agent NPN was NOT transferring from the gov’t app to the insurance app! My rep for that co instructed me to provide a list of clients I enrolled to get credit (there were at least 10 ind/fam so far that I know of).

What really bothers me is that the gov’t sends an email out every day to last yrs enrollees (good and bad).

GOOD… the client is more likely to go into hc.gov and update personal info (for fear of losing big brother’s $ support) and buy again.

BAD… the majority of my ON mktpl clients did not apply via my quoting tool this year (so that I could track enrollment). They are accustom to going directly into hc.gov. My info in several cases is not always transferring from last yr’s gov’t app to this yr! I have spoken to most of my clients and have found in some cases the agent info is blank or the NPN this year is another agents (not a one or digit error on the clients part of keying incorrectly).

I would have never gotten credit.

My head is spinning trying to get a handle on what each client has done! Has this happened to anyone else???

No. All renewals are manually done by me using a web broker site with the double re-direct so I can put in my own information. You cant trust the client nor the HC.gov reps to get it right. The only two applications where my information did not transfer so far were Catastrophic plans that I enrolled on a 3-way call. That was my fault. Then I realized it's best to do the application and only let the CSR complete the plan selection. NEVER NEVER NEVER let a CSR gain control of your application nor a client for that matter.

If the client chooses to go direct with HC.gov. I let them be their own agent. I just tell them when they call, my name is not associated with your account so I am not authorized to help you. I give them HC.gov's number and let them know if they want my help they would need to sign up through me but they could not do it until 2017 OEP. Some were disappointed but said they will come back next year. Then I move on. :yes:

----------

you have to do an audit.

Then audit your commission statement every month. Its lots of fun!

Have not been able to escape this.

Latest posts

Back