Creating your own SOA

KSAnderson

It sounds like we can create our own Scope of Appointment (SOA) and have it approved by one of the carriers we work with. Has anyone done this using a service like DocuSign? Any input on using your form paper versus an electric SOA where the process is controlled by a carrier. Thoughts? Wondering if this would be easier to simply text our own form to a potential client when they call in and are on the line with them. Thoughts? Input? Thanks.

Edit -someone on this chat mentioned RadiusBob (aka Radius) and it appears from some searching this was bought out by AgencyBloc. We use AB. Through this tip, I found out that AgencyBloc just added a new feature under new section Sales that you can send out an SOA. It is not available for current client Individual profiles but it is coming before AEP. I tried under a test prospect it and it looks pretty good. Easily sent to an email and haven't tested text, yet. When someone opens the form, our company name is on it. You can prefill all the products. Client signs it and we receive an email notification with the completed PDF. AgencyBloc then puts the signed document right into the prospect profile under file. Thanks for all the thought/input here. We are just trying to streamline and not rely on carriers/FMOs. We love the fact that it can be directly imported into the file. Note - if you leave the appointment date blank, it does add the appointment date as the date it is signed. There is no time stamp on it either. If the client clicks on the link a second time after they have signed it, it just sends them to AgencyBloc which I don't think is helpful.

Last edited:
It sounds like we can create our own Scope of Appointment (SOA) and have it approved by one of the carriers we work with. Has anyone done this using a service like DocuSign? Any input on using your form paper versus an electric SOA where the process is controlled by a carrier. Thoughts? Wondering if this would be easier to simply text our own form to a potential client when they call in and are on the line with them. Thoughts? Input? Thanks.

First, it has to be approved by CMS. Second, why would you recreate the wheel? There are some very easy SOA's out there. The one for Medicareful (now Shop and Enroll) is quite simple. I think @Chazm has talked about how simple the one with Radius Bob is. I don't use that one mainly because you have to have their address and an appointment date (at least that's what I remember).

With the Medicareful one, I simply send them a link, they enter their first and last name, phone number and zip code and then click submit. Very easy to do.

First, it has to be approved by CMS. Second, why would you recreate the wheel? There are some very easy SOA's out there. The one for Medicareful (now Shop and Enroll) is quite simple. I think @Chazm has talked about how simple the one with Radius Bob is. I don't use that one mainly because you have to have their address and an appointment date (at least that's what I remember).

With the Medicareful one, I simply send them a link, they enter their first and last name, phone number and zip code and then click submit. Very easy to do.

Rbob is the easiest I’ve seen. You’re not required to enter an address (it just notifies you that there isn’t one) and if you leave the appt date blank, it will automatically put it the same as the date they signed.

They can even type their name for a signature. No passcodes, or special instructions to open up the SOA form for the client. So simple.

I suppose you could even create your own enrollment application if you wanted to as well. But, like others have said, it's probably more trouble than it's worth. I am almost certain there is already an SOA approved that does exactly what you want.

We already use and FMO (JSA) and have access to their platform system through which we can send an SOA. Some of our contracts for carriers are not through this FMO. We would like a really easy system to simply text an SOA through the phone on DocuSign. Just wondering if anyone has created their own instead of relying on a carrier or FMO. We want to control the process and the documents. We don't want to log in to various system in order to send out the form. We want it simple and quick. Seniors need/want an easy process and many are familiar with DocuSign from banks/real estate. Note- from our meeting with compliance from a carrier, this is a type of CMS form that does not have to be approved directly by CMS as long as the components of the basic form are there that they require. We are allowed to customize it. We could even put our company name on it. A carrier compliance department would be willing to review our form for us to make sure it is compliant.

Last edited:
We already use and FMO (JSA) and have access to their platform system through which we can send an SOA. Some of our contracts for carriers are not through this FMO. We would like a really easy system to simply text an SOA through the phone on DocuSign. Just wondering if anyone has created their own instead of relying on a carrier or FMO. We want to control the process and the documents. We don't want to log in to various system in order to send out the form. We want it simple and quick. Seniors need/want an easy process and many are familiar with DocuSign from banks/real estate. Note- from our meeting with compliance from a carrier, this is a type of CMS form that does not have to be approved directly by CMS as long as the components of the basic form are there that they require. We are allowed to customize it. We could even put our company name on it. A carrier compliance department would be willing to review our form for us to make sure it is compliant.
Reach out to me and I will show you what we use via screenshare ..

I have created my own that I’ve copied from a generic SOA. When a client schedules an appt from Calendly, they are automatically redirected to my JotForm page (SOA form). Most will sign.

If they don’t sign it there I still have my easy radius bob SOA.

I have created my own that I’ve copied from a generic SOA. When a client schedules an appt from Calendly, they are automatically redirected to my JotForm page (SOA form). Most will sign.

If they don’t sign it there I still have my easy radius bob SOA.
Me too but mine is the UHC SOA written as a paragraph. It’s a required checkbox to schedule a call.

Latest posts

Back