Critique My Website

Took a look at the website and here is what I notice.

#1 - Don't really like the look, but it is clean. Like someone stated above, I would go with wordpress. You can have a custom one built for pretty cheap. Usually from $200-$500

#2 - Title Tag is too short. Should be 60 Characters

#3 - You don't have enough text on the home page. Should be around 500 Characters.

#4 - Images are not optimized and you are not using the image alt tags.

#5 - Keyword Research - not sure if you did extensive keyword research, but I would recommend doing keyword research for your target niche. It is going to be very difficult to start off targeting "life insurance quotes"

#6 - Change the call to action button to orange, or something that will get a better Click Thru Rate

#7 - Build an XML Site map

#8 - Build Quality links to the site. Not automated system garbage and spam links, but put together a quality link building campaign.

Hope that helps.

Took a look at the website and here is what I notice.

#1 - Don't really like the look, but it is clean. Like someone stated above, I would go with wordpress. You can have a custom one built for pretty cheap. Usually from $200-$500

#2 - Title Tag is too short. Should be 60 Characters

#3 - You don't have enough text on the home page. Should be around 500 Characters.

#4 - Images are not optimized and you are not using the image alt tags.

#5 - Keyword Research - not sure if you did extensive keyword research, but I would recommend doing keyword research for your target niche. It is going to be very difficult to start off targeting "life insurance quotes"

#6 - Change the call to action button to orange, or something that will get a better Click Thru Rate

#7 - Build an XML Site map

#8 - Build Quality links to the site. Not automated system garbage and spam links, but put together a quality link building campaign.

Hope that helps.

These are all very helpful suggestions. Thanks!

3 things about your quote forms:
1. I couldn't agree with stibroker more about the popup window. You may want to check with your webhost because usually that's an easy fix. just a matter un-checking a box that says something like "open webform in new window".
2. as fas as the interactive guide.... having it is ok, but I would put it on the home page instead of your quote form. when a potential customer is on your quote page, you want them filling out their info and doing nothing else besides that. the fewer distractions on the quote form, the better.
3. if you decide to stay with the interactive guide, take it off of autoplay. some people really get annoyed by sudden audio they aren't expecting, and will leave your site in a flash. set it so that it only plays when the customer clicks the play button. most hosts will give you that option.

hope this helps

You definitely need a more modern and professional design, its like going back to the nineties with the first website designs. Things have moved on and the web user is more selective in what they expect to see and will stay if interested.

Design wise it just needs some final tweeks and touches like the color combinations use colorcombos.com just enter the hex code for a color you want to use and it will give you great accent colors i used it on realizeinternetmarketing.com you already know I'm going to suggest a better call to action when asking for the quote.
As far as SEO mention life insurance and virginia more especially bon-air and richmond. I'm going to be posting an article tonight on the New Google Fresh Indexing Algorithm and Google's Caffeine Web Index system as well as the Panda/Farmer Update it will help you a lot. Hope this helps

Bdouglas is always good for the ins and outs of SEO so those 8 steps are key

You definitely need a more modern and professional design, its like going back to the nineties with the first website designs. Things have moved on and the web user is more selective in what they expect to see and will stay if interested.

LOL, "back to the nineties"! So true.

Well, after reading all of you comments I am in agreement that the design needs a major upgrade. So, I found some great Wordpress themes I am going to use and make a switch soon.

As for the content, I am going to tweak that as well based on the responses.

Thanks for all the help!

Matt

How are you driving traffic to the site? It looks fine but I didn't see a ton of content or keywords that separate you from the pack.

If you don't want to get a custom theme made for wordpress, check out theme forest. They have some very inexpensive themes that are pretty nice.

I know it's a bit "nitpicky" but the correct spelling is independent.

Also, I would say you have several "relationships" with insurance carriers. Stating that you have several "appointments" could be confusing to non insurance types.

Otherwise, you are on the right path if you incorporate some of the others' suggestions.

Back