D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker

Just saw this thread for the first time.

OP is a freakin BEAST!

200w.gif

Great, GREAT job OP!!!

What a thread. @DHK great direction. Good on you for that.

I can see how OP succeeded and why he left NYL. However, I heard of a legendary NYL man several years ago that walked into 40 businesses a day for years and was a phenomenal producer. They just seem to have drifted away from their roots. Again what an inspirational thread that is beneficial for new agents and old alike.

You may be correct, David, and it could be Ben Feldman. I don't recall how he got started but knocking on doors of businesses doesn't ring a bell.

I seem to recall hearing about Mehdi Fakharzadeh riding the elevators in NY skyscrapers for days on end, stopping at each floor and asking if anyone wanted to buy life insurance. That may be a fable equal to George Washington chopping down a cherry tree but it has entertainment value.

Ben was with NYL while Mehdi was a Met Life agent. Neither man would light up a room and they proved that anyone can succeed if they try hard enough.

Glanced through the thread. Whirleybird (OP) hasn't been on the forum since Nov, 2017. Anyone know his current status?

BTW, hat's off to him for grinding it out. I hope he did well.

Last edited:
I seem to recall hearing about Mehdi Fakharzadeh riding the elevators in NY skyscrapers for days on end, stopping at each floor and asking if anyone wanted to buy life insurance. That may be a fable equal to George Washington chopping down a cherry tree but it has entertainment value.

Small Talk, BIG SALES: Lessons from a Master Moneymaker

6. Talk “Nonsense”. That’s what Mehdi calls his delightful way of engaging people in conversation.

“If I’m going up in an elevator and I push ‘4’, and the other man pushes ‘8’, I say, ‘You must be twice as good as me’. When he asks me why I say that, I tell him that 8 is twice as good as 4.”

You mean Ben Feldman?

No. Not Ben. Ben’s activities were legendary but the fact of where he did it and the relatively small population he had to work with is just mind blowing. He was amazing and reading the book about his method years ago really inspired me. I need to read it again.

The guy I am thinking he was out of Philly in the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s. I started in 96 and my mentor spoke of him as he was an old NYL guy. I wish I could remember. I was complaining to my mentor about some crappy leads where people had no idea why I was calling on them. He bought them from a widow of a guy who had run an agency. The leads were 7-8 years old and he was charging me $15 a lead. Anyway he told me that I did not need leads and if I had any salt I would cold walk businesses like this guy did. I was young and hot headed. I should have followed his instruction.

Anyway, OP is living proof that it still works.

Back