Daily Activities

ZenSamurai

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
New York
I am using an appointment setter from the Philippenes to call for four hrs a day for medicare supplements. Two things I have noticed now that I would like to get some opinions on.

It is really hard to follow up on many of these people because not only are some not interested, but some are also not home while I call. I call when my appointment setter even told them I would call. Can I get some opinions on what everybody else does to combat this problem?

Also, I am doing this 100% over the phone. Obviously there is a trust issue since they don't know who I am. I tried doing a few things Chris Westfall mentioned but they don't seem interested when I have tried those methods he showed me as well. Any ideas here? Chris has helped me but recently I can't get ahold of him so I'm looking for some other opinions on this issue.

I originally tried final expense but I really don't have money to support a weekly DM drop so I figured I would stay in the business by doing medicare supplement sales to raise money for my DM campaigns for final expense. It's all a learning process I understand that. So any opinions? Advice?

The best luck I've had with with doing phone leads for Med supps wasn't having set times to call back, it was just asking when was usually a good time to reach them and then saying an agent would call them back.

What script are you using? Why do the prospects think you're calling them?

You might also want to pick up the phone and make some calls yourself. Prospecting is at the core of being an agent; outsourcing it sometimes won't get the job done. It's especially difficult to get a telemarketer to generate leads if you haven't done telemarketing yourself successfully.

The best luck I've had with with doing phone leads for Med supps wasn't having set times to call back, it was just asking when was usually a good time to reach them and then saying an agent would call them back.

What script are you using? Why do the prospects think you're calling them?

You might also want to pick up the phone and make some calls yourself. Prospecting is at the core of being an agent; outsourcing it sometimes won't get the job done. It's especially difficult to get a telemarketer to generate leads if you haven't done telemarketing yourself successfully.

I'm using a script I got from Chris Westfall's site called "AIC leads script". The leads think I'm calling them back because my appointment setter is calling them and getting me those leads. I am thinking of getting rid of the appointment setter but the reason I haven't is because I work overnight and then I get 4-5 hrs of sleep and start calling myself. The script I use is from your website.

I'm using a script I got from Chris Westfall's site called "AIC leads script". The leads think I'm calling them back because my appointment setter is calling them and getting me those leads. I am thinking of getting rid of the appointment setter but the reason I haven't is because I work overnight and then I get 4-5 hrs of sleep and start calling myself. The script I use is from your website.

That script looks painful and bloated. Maybe it works, but I think it looks rough.

The script I've had telemarketers use and work well is something like what's on my site:

"Hi, how are you doing today?" (I'm glad/sorry to hear that)
"I'm calling you today because we're helping people save hundreds of dollars on their Medicare and get a plan that's right for them. Would you like to find out how much we can help you?"

If they say yes,

"Great, let me just ask you a few questions. First, do you know what plan you currently have? Do you know what you're paying for it? Is this usually the best time of day to reach you?"

If they don't answer any of those questions, that's fine.

Great, I'll have Jim call you, he's a local agent that will make sure you're in the right plan and paying the best premium. Your confirmation code is (whatever).

That's it. You'll notice I didn't ask for them by name or introduce myself. Of course if they ask, go for it, but you can make the whole thing a lot smoother. YMMV, but that's what I've seen work the best.

That script looks painful and bloated. Maybe it works, but I think it looks rough.

The script I've had telemarketers use and work well is something like what's on my site:

"Hi, how are you doing today?" (I'm glad/sorry to hear that)
"I'm calling you today because we're helping people save hundreds of dollars on their Medicare and get a plan that's right for them. Would you like to find out how much we can help you?"

If they say yes,

"Great, let me just ask you a few questions. First, do you know what plan you currently have? Do you know what you're paying for it? Is this usually the best time of day to reach you?"

If they don't answer any of those questions, that's fine.

Great, I'll have Jim call you, he's a local agent that will make sure you're in the right plan and paying the best premium. Your confirmation code is (whatever).

That's it. You'll notice I didn't ask for them by name or introduce myself. Of course if they ask, go for it, but you can make the whole thing a lot smoother. YMMV, but that's what I've seen work the best.

From my experience, this seems to work best. The more simple the script, the better the results my callers have.

If the agent just wants call back leads, use what Josh posted above. Do not try to over think it. "Hi, I'm calling to see if we can save you money on your Medicare insurance plan. Would you have any interest in that? Great, ___ is the agent, he'll call you back within 24 hours. Have a good day."
That creates the first 'touch' and makes the agent feel more comfortable calling the person.

For setting appointments. Same idea, simple script works best.
"Hi, I'm calling for ___. He is a Medicare Supplement agent working in ___ country saving people money on their Medicare insurance plans.
Are you on Medicare?
Great, do you have a Medicare Supplement?
Wonderful! You are the type of person we've been helping.
Like I said, ____ is working in your county, would you have 15 minutes tomorrow at ___ o'clock to see how much money s/he can save you?"

Chris has helped me but recently I can't get ahold of him so I'm looking for some other opinions on this issue.

This statement surprised me, so I looked it up.
I've answered 48 support tickets/questions from you in the last 30 days since you've been a member. You're my #1 support ticket generator of all the members the site has ever had.. Not sure that you've had any difficulty getting answers.

----------

It is really hard to follow up on many of these people because not only are some not interested, but some are also not home while I call. I call when my appointment setter even told them I would call. Can I get some opinions on what everybody else does to combat this problem?

...and I did answer this question that you sent me on May 2, at 1:52pm, on the same day you sent it...your question was:
"What is your follow up rule when...the lead you just called wasn't home?"

From my experience, this seems to work best. The more simple the script, the better the results my callers have.

If the agent just wants call back leads, use what Josh posted above. Do not try to over think it. "Hi, I'm calling to see if we can save you money on your Medicare insurance plan. Would you have any interest in that? Great, ___ is the agent, he'll call you back within 24 hours. Have a good day."
That creates the first 'touch' and makes the agent feel more comfortable calling the person.

For setting appointments. Same idea, simple script works best.
"Hi, I'm calling for ___. He is a Medicare Supplement agent working in ___ country saving people money on their Medicare insurance plans.
Are you on Medicare?
Great, do you have a Medicare Supplement?
Wonderful! You are the type of person we've been helping.
Like I said, ____ is working in your county, would you have 15 minutes tomorrow at ___ o'clock to see how much money s/he can save you?"

I also want to know what you would say if you were calling by yourself.

I also want to know what you would say if you were calling by yourself.

Instead of setting an appointment or saying an agent would call them back, you merely have a conversation, asking what plan they're on, how much has their rate gotten up to and when is the last time their agent shopped the market to save them money.

Each question builds their positive anticipation and underscores the importance of your call, in their mind, while delivering your required information to see if you can actually help them.

The sooner you can get to health questions (general first, then specific soon after) the better off you'll be so that you're not wasting your time or their time when you could be helping someone else.

Last edited:
This statement surprised me, so I looked it up.
I've answered 48 support tickets/questions from you in the last 30 days since you've been a member. You're my #1 support ticket generator of all the members the site has ever had.. Not sure that you've had any difficulty getting answers.

----------

...and I did answer this question that you sent me on May 2, at 1:52pm, on the same day you sent it...your question was:
"What is your follow up rule when...the lead you just called wasn't home?"

"Chris has helped me but recently I can't get ahold of him so I'm looking for some other opinions on this issue."

You have been helpful. Very helpful. I'm still new to this so at the time I was looking for other opinions. I didn't mean anything other than searching for other people's opinions. You're a busy guy. You're very helpful and I follow your webinars.

Back