Daily Video Tips for Agents on Insurance Websites

I enjoy both Aaron's and Alston's videos. I have a quick question for Alston about scripts on video. the bottom of your video has a permanent script of your website, while the right side has changing script to go along with what you're saying....
my question is, do you do editing and adding scripts yourself or pay someone else to do it? I'm trying to get an idea of how much learning is involved for someone who's a novice at editing videos. would it be worth it to teach myself or would I be better off paying someone else to do it?

I enjoy both Aaron's and Alston's videos. I have a quick question for Alston about scripts on video. the bottom of your video has a permanent script of your website, while the right side has changing script to go along with what you're saying....
my question is, do you do editing and adding scripts yourself or pay someone else to do it? I'm trying to get an idea of how much learning is involved for someone who's a novice at editing videos. would it be worth it to teach myself or would I be better off paying someone else to do it?

I know you asked Alston, but figured I'd chime in as well... I'm using a program called "Camtasia". You can record your screen and web cam at the same time, as well as import audio, video, and images. There are a bunch of effects available and it lets you easily overlay text. It's super easy to use doesn't cost that much. I'm keeping my videos super simple so I can put out one per day without interfering with the rest of my work, but there's a lot more you can do with the program.

Here's a sample of a video I put together in a few hours on on-site search optimization.

Alston, I'm curios to hear your answer to BlockO's question too.

Aaron

Last edited:

I do my own editing. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 for my newer videos. I used an older version of the same software on the older videos. I upgraded because it didn't output in HD.

It didn't take me very long to learn how to do the basic editing that I do. The interface is pretty intuitive.

If you think you can learn it you probably can. It is probably not much harder than figuring out how to use a smart phone.

It would take too long to explain how I'd want a particular video edited to make it worthwhile for me to outsource it. Then I'd have to proof it anyway.

It takes me between 15 minutes and half an hour to edit most of my videos.

After the editing process, you tell the software to "render" the finished project.

It takes my computer about 10 minutes to render each minute's worth of video. I can still use other programs, but everything works more slowly. I usually grab a snack or read with my kid until the rendering is complete.

I do my own editing. I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 for my newer videos. I used an older version of the same software on the older videos. I upgraded because it didn't output in HD.

It didn't take me very long to learn how to do the basic editing that I do. The interface is pretty intuitive.

If you think you can learn it you probably can. It is probably not much harder than figuring out how to use a smart phone.

It would take too long to explain how I'd want a particular video edited to make it worthwhile for me to outsource it. Then I'd have to proof it anyway.

It takes me between 15 minutes and half an hour to edit most of my videos.

After the editing process, you tell the software to "render" the finished project.

It takes my computer about 10 minutes to render each minute's worth of video. I can still use other programs, but everything works more slowly. I usually grab a snack or read with my kid until the rendering is complete.

If someone wants to do a professional video for next to nothing then go here: Online Video Ads, TV Ads and Video Marketing - SpotMixer

You can put a very nice video together rather quickly. Probably the best thing I've seen for creating videos when you don't know the first thing about how to create videos.

Now once you have all those informative, cool videos ready to go, you need some good tools to get it out there efficiently....just think how long it would take you to create profiles and submit your content manually to 77 different sites to get the rankings and advantages of the back links that can be created to your main money site....just think if you did 10 FAQ videos and did that, over a month you could have 770 or more pieces of content out there for not just the keywords you wanted, but quality back links as well.... here's the video submission big gun, with some really cool training too...and you can try it for only $1.

Now once you have all those informative, cool videos ready to go, you need some good tools to get it out there efficiently....just think how long it would take you to create profiles and submit your content manually to 77 different sites to get the rankings and advantages of the back links that can be created to your main money site....just think if you did 10 FAQ videos and did that, over a month you could have 770 or more pieces of content out there for not just the keywords you wanted, but quality back links as well.... here's the video submission big gun, with some really cool training too...and you can try it for only $1.

How much do they pay you if we use your link instead of just going to Traffic Geyser: Get Top Search Engine Listings in Google, Yahoo and MSN Within Hours their website direct?

It makes no difference, except you may not get access to my one on one trainings from someone who is market place experienced and has undergone monthly coaching sessions for the last two years!

Last edited:
It makes no difference, except you may not get access to my one on one trainings from someone who is certified and has undergone monthly coaching sessions for the last two years!

So if you use your code instead of the direct code we get you as our trainer?

We have lots of free trainers on this forum.

Back