• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Dang Funeral Homes....

Mother had the funeral director come over last night to explain what he sold her. Other than the insurance guaranteeing the inflated price of the funeral and a 2.5%interest, it was nothing more than a 10-pay graded WL. Explained how it was my understanding that ForeThought offered a 30/70/100 and higher interest. He gets on his app, comes back with a ForeThought price about $20 cheaper and with more face. (That's when I saw my mother's light bulb go off) We asked a few more questions and then he left. Looked at mom, explained that this was nothing more than a WL policy, and that although it "guaranteed" some of the cost, that they can get the $$ now that's equal to what his policy will be worth in 10 years, for between $300-600 a year cheaper. (Maybe more, need to get some answers from the doctor as to reasons for RX's and diagnosis) Moms light went off again, and all is good on the home front. Plus mom is now open to me talking insurance with her and dad. Both in 50's, so they can get more than my 80 year old grandmother.

If it's a ForeThought PreNeed policy it not 30/70/100 it's ROP+8% months 1-12, 70% of face months 13-24, 100% plus policy growth months 25+

Back