• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Data List Arrived, No Excuses Now.

I completely agree. Breaking through that mental barrier is much tougher than I thought it would be. But one failed day isn't going to make me quit. Now, If I dial through this list and have a terrible ratio, I'll rethink my gameplan. Once again, thank you everyon for suggestions and support.

Som, didn't see your post until after I posted this. I've read the "golden hours" are 8-10AM and 5-7pm and better on Thursdays and Fridays. But of course, that's going to vary from area to area, and I believe those hours were gleened from B2B telemarketing. I will try again this evening...no sense in pushing it off and off, only making excuses.

Last edited:
Don't have the budget to hire this done?

We went at it hard for several years but are now taking a break from the telemarketing end. Keep in mind it was our most profitable prospecting tool.

If I'm marketing on "price" my script is more like this...

Hello Mr John, "yeah" Hi, Dan calling from the xyz agency over on e main st.(makes me a fellow neighbor) Just called to see if I could mail you out some info.(free report) on ways you might use to cut costs on car ins.... would you mind if I dropped that out to you?(keeps it real simple and easy to agree) "OK" I'll get it out in the morning, just so I know...if I were to offer you $400 off on your car insurance would you take me up on the offer? "probably" Tell you what, if you can give me 6 minutes to gather some info. I'll send along a quote with the free report and you can see how we do(already committed to the free report, i'm only asking for 6 more minutes)....Just this week I saved a guy on w wash. $520 and a lady over on w main $611 so I think the odds are good I can help you out.... You ready?

Our carriers pre-fill will pull up social, prior limits and carrier so all we gather is dates of birth, confirm address and get car info...always keep it to 6 minutes or less

My advice would be to change the script every 20 calls or so until you tweak it to one that works the best. In my first 5 years in the business(pre-DNC era) I went through the cole directory of 50K names three times:1confused: haven't looked back since then

Back