Dental Benefits in Medicare Advantage will they survive the Medicare provider cuts?

Forget that . Those $1000 moops are gone . You’ll be lucky to have $3 to $4 k . I don’t think you understand the gravity of the new part d for 2025 and how much more financial exposure carriers have . Add in skying claims and no real increase from Medicare and it’s an explosive trifecta we’ve not seen in Medicare . We’ll know in 3 months are so

I don’t offer plans with 1k moops. But I agree, we can only hypothesize what will happen for a few months.

much of the financial markets' hysteria over insurers reporting "higher than expected" utilization is miscalculation of the impact of pandemic-postponed ortho surgeries, which will subside.

The impact of that essentially one-time bump on plan benefits will probably be lower than the currently shrill predictions anticipate.

much of the financial markets' hysteria over insurers reporting "higher than expected" utilization is miscalculation of the impact of pandemic-postponed ortho surgeries, which will subside.

The impact of that essentially one-time bump on plan benefits will probably be lower than the currently shrill predictions anticipate.

You’re miscalculating the effects of mass inflation on health care . Those same surgery’s and procedures of 3 yrs ago are 20% higher . Medicare has raised reimbursement at 1/2 of that . You’re miscalculating the cost to insurers with nthe inaflation reduction act on Part D. It’s substantial . You’re miscalculating the coming fights between insurers and hospital systems . One (the hospital ) needs much more revenue to keep up with inflation and they other (insurers ) need cuts in reimbursement outlays to mirror what Medicare gave them . The next yr is going to be a doozy in all areas of Medicare . And the agent is caugh in the middle .

miscalculating the effects of mass inflation on health care
I'm pretty confident I'm not. Mostly because "mass inflation" is not actually a thing, but also because, well, I'm not. Insurers may use excuses like "inflation" as cover to whittle/reshape some ancillary benefits, but attracting/retaining the ~50% of Medicare beneficiaries who account for under 10% of health treatment spend will continue to require the allure of some level of non-original-Medicare benefits that beneficiaries can at least imagine they might use. The Medicare coverage options environment is definitely dynamic, but the sky's not falling yet.

I'm pretty confident I'm not. Mostly because "mass inflation" is not actually a thing, but also because, well, I'm not. Insurers may use excuses like "inflation" as cover to whittle/reshape some ancillary benefits, but attracting/retaining the ~50% of Medicare beneficiaries who account for under 10% of health treatment spend will continue to require the allure of some level of non-original-Medicare benefits that beneficiaries can at least imagine they might use. The Medicare coverage options environment is definitely dynamic, but the sky's not falling yet.
Then you obviously don’t read earnings reports . CVS stock was down 20% one day last week as Aetna’s 3rd qtr medical use ratio was a staggering 91% . Mapd claims cost was $1 bil more than expected . Get back with me in sept after all the 2025 products are released and you’ll be shocked how bad most of the plans are in 2025

With DonP the sky is always falling. So glad I don’t live anywhere near him, scary stuff.

Back