Dental Benefits in Medicare Advantage will they survive the Medicare provider cuts?

Deft Research has published research comparing consumer demand for supplemental benefits commonly offered by MA plans and concluded that “Dental is King”; it is more likely than any other supplemental benefit to influence a beneficiary’s decision to switch to or stay with a particular plan."

Deft’s research also shows that Medicare beneficiaries want implants covered but that their desire for higher annual maximum benefit levels off at $2,500.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - Dental Benefits in Medicare Advantage: Making a Good Story Great - National Association of Dental Plans
they'll maybe go back to some years ago-they covered twice a year exams and cleanings
few beneficiaries use the dental coverage--according to CMS

they'll maybe go back to some years ago-they covered twice a year exams and cleanings
few beneficiaries use the dental coverage--according to CMS

yea nobody uses gym or anything else according to CMS

But I get the calls when they have a dental claim or there dentist no longer takes it or when the gym does not automatically take their card or they are having issues with over the counter at the local cvs

or any other benefit no one uses according to cms '

but again they love to say personal experience is not a measure of reality

A plan with $2,000 annual benefit, at a 50/50 coinsurance is pretty similar to another plan with $1,000 annual benefit, with 100/0 coinsurance, but the $2,000 plan looks like more coverage on the surface.

Buyers aren't smart enough to figure that out . . . even when it is explained to them.
percentage of dollars used for each benefit

Not exactly what you are looking for but revealing none the less . . .

I don’t agree .Grocery card is the most used and it’s the easiest to replace . You cut that your plan toast .You can hide dental , otc and transportation. Matter fact Humana in some areas cut the 3 above big . They’ve already cut big . They cut big against they might as well say here’s 500 k enrollees to the other CO’s
Ya but if they are really losing money like they say they are losing 500k of enrollees would be a good thing, some company is going to make the mistake of being the best plan by a long way and they are going ton get slammed with enrollments of sick people,

Less than 1% of my clients have a food card. I’m only wondering how much of the part B giveback gets reduced. I’m thinking from $164.90 to about $120

Disagree . I had long talk with my long time Humana rep. He’s saying big cuts . On your situation $164 to $75 max. Food cards $200 to $100. But were he scared me is he’s saying he believes many of these plans could have premiums and $590 rx deductibles and increased copays .

Ya but if they are really losing money like they say they are losing 500k of enrollees would be a good thing, some company is going to make the mistake of being the best plan by a long way and they are going ton get slammed with enrollments of sick people,

I agree . They really don’t want more enrollments if they’re not profitable . What startled me reading CVS Aetna report was they said claims for the qtr were nearly $1 billion more than projected . So then the big question becomes if they really want no more enrollments and are pulling out of areas what’s to keep them from using this reason to cut agent comp big and crush any override . If you notice no company has officially commented on overrides or marketing money . Humana rep also told me he believed first looks for them at least will be pushed back to late august as no one wants to tip their hand first with bad plan news. Everyone should have known this was coming has the literally 100k agents that have rushed into Medicare the past 5 plus yrs . The get rich mania infected all

Disagree . I had long talk with my long time Humana rep. He’s saying big cuts . On your situation $164 to $75 max. Food cards $200 to $100. But were he scared me is he’s saying he believes many of these plans could have premiums and $590 rx deductibles and increased copays .

It was going to happen sooner or later

Ive seen it before

0 Premium low copays good dental one year to premium high copays and no dental the next

Seen it with anthem in CA sometime between 2011 and 2014 and with Coventry not sure what year

and that is just the ones I remember more specifically

Its also happened with drug plans, Coventry and Humana Walmart cards UHC too

I have also seen WellCare have a great MA plan in Suffolk county NY and then cancel that plan for the next year and open a new exact copy with no commission the following year

Its just over the last few year the MA guys have been feeling invincible, I use MA I am not an MA hater, but I always know these benefits are given and can be taken away and will at some point in every area

I agree . They really don’t want more enrollments if they’re not profitable . What startled me reading CVS Aetna report was they said claims for the qtr were nearly $1 billion more than projected . So then the big question becomes if they really want no more enrollments and are pulling out of areas what’s to keep them from using this reason to cut agent comp big and crush any override . If you notice no company has officially commented on overrides or marketing money . Humana rep also told me he believed first looks for them at least will be pushed back to late august as no one wants to tip their hand first with bad plan news. Everyone should have known this was coming has the literally 100k agents that have rushed into Medicare the past 5 plus yrs . The get rich mania infected all
I don't know about comp getting cut, but overrides and Marketing dollars are done, I put no stock in first looks, last year they came out and 5 weeks later everyone released look 2.0. I happy I live and work in an area the you can get a med sup for cheap, I write way more med sup than mapd, my April t65 was 17 sups 5 mapd, 1 1ma only

Back