Do agents accept credit cards in their offices?

T A

Since I am new and was wondering do most or all agents use credit cards as a form of payment in their offices?

Probably not in the way you are asking.
Most P&C agents, the answer will be yes, but unless the agent does the billing (usually only large agencies) then I just type the credit card into the carriers payment site. I don't have to have a credit card machine of any sort.

Health agents, you put the credit card number on the application. You're done. Client pays direct to carrier from there on out.

You will not need a credit card machine (or account), unless you are doing something out of the norm.

Dan

I do in my P/C agency. It really comes in handy when for one reason or another you have to take credit/debit card in office. Such as for commercial multiple policies.
Word of adivise......be careful of those companies that want to set you up with machine and service. I have yet to find one that I would recommend or let hang around with my Grandma...but, maybe someone here could try to restore my confidence in them.

I do in my P/C agency. It really comes in handy when for one reason or another you have to take credit/debit card in office. Such as for commercial multiple policies.
Word of adivise......be careful of those companies that want to set you up with machine and service. I have yet to find one that I would recommend or let hang around with my Grandma...but, maybe someone here could try to restore my confidence in them.

For a short time a few years ago I worked for a company that offered credit card services. They had a lot of good products, but I wasn't sold on the "you don't make any money on the credit card processing transactions, just on the up sell of products.

BTW, I encourage any health/life, etc. agent to team up with a local gift card rep. Those guys are pounding the streets and 95% of their client base is small business owners.

Some of the companies I represent have a place on the app if the individual wants to pay their premium by credit card. I work in the senior market so I generally go to their home.

BTW, I encourage any health/life, etc. agent to team up with a local gift card rep. Those guys are pounding the streets and 95% of their client base is small business owners.
To do what? Sell gift card machines or hand out gift cards?

To do what? Sell gift card machines or hand out gift cards?

I thought it was evident what I was getting it, but it appears I'm wrong. The goal is to network with some of these guys and/or possibly recommend their services to some of my clients. Gift cards do work and anybody who has used one will agree that they would rather drive somewhere to get one more hole punched or get their free item then go somewhere else that doesn't "reward" them for the business.

I try to always go to the small business shop (gas, appliances, etc.) whenevere possible vs. a large chain....I also give gift cards from one client to a new client. It's up to you to decide how you approach that marketing idea. That's a win win win situation. Probably wouldn't work with your type of outfit though.

Back