Do I Need E&O Insurance to Sell Individual Health Policies?

Pancur

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
IL
Hi,

I'm considering to go on my own and sell individual health insurance policies. I'm currently appointed with most carriers but thru a broker I've been working for several years now.
  1. Do I have to get new appointments with the carriers in order to sell directly as an agent (not agency) or it's only a matter of changing commission assignments with the insurers?
  2. Do I need E&O insurance in order to get direct appointments with the insurers?
  3. Do health insurance companies require to have an office? I'd prefer to sell over the phone from home.
Thank you all in advance for your help.

I'm considering to go on my own and sell individual health insurance policies. I'm currently appointed with most carriers but thru a broker I've been working for several years now.
Do I have to get new appointments with the carriers in order to sell directly as an agent (not agency) or it's only a matter of changing commission assignments with the insurers?
Do I need E&O insurance in order to get direct appointments with the insurers?
Do health insurance companies require to have an office? I'd prefer to sell over the phone from home.

1. From what you are describing probably new appointments
2. Some carriers require E&O some do not
3. Sell however you see fit, office optional

I wish I could quote every response on this thread but since all of the info on here doesn't require any further explanation, I will just say DITTO!.

Foolish not to carry E and O.

Back