• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Do I Need to Make a Hard Copy of Auto Policy?

RBA, I am very happy with USAA and I am staying with them. As Rick implied in his post, it ain't rocket science. Just because I didn't opt to become P&C licensed does not mean I don't understand auto insurance. My original post query had to do with the downloading of the policy and the the effect of keeping it in memory on my 1978 computer. As previously stated, I use a Commodore PET with MS DOS. The only concession I had to make to modernity since 1978 is to add an exrernal modem so I could access dial-up which I need to post on this forum.

I forgot to mention that another consideration is that I don't want my printer (dot matrix) to overheat and start smoking!

Last edited:
If it's a complex problem, then an agent is necessary. But how hard is it to buy 100/300/50 5K 250 500 100/300?

And don't give me the crap that one company has better service, blah blah blah. Allstate sucks the big one more than any other company.

USAA has a reputation of taking care of their policyholders. I'm with Wawanesa - they are low priced and no agents - and very high policyholder satisfaction ratings.

This isn't like buying health insurance. It's auto insurance and despite what those dishonest Allstate commercials say, they're all the same.

Rick

Wawanesa is based in San Diego they are not that good I delt with them and do not have the best prices....Rick its not easy buying the right insurance like you said. If you cause and accident when u do not have good limits it can effect you in many ways..RBA is right u need a good agent to help u with the process not an 800#:swoon::goofy::mad:

Wawanesa is based in San Diego they are not that good I delt with them and do not have the best prices....Rick its not easy buying the right insurance like you said. If you cause and accident when u do not have good limits it can effect you in many ways..RBA is right u need a good agent to help u with the process not an 800#:swoon::goofy::mad:

Yeah, so I need an agent to tell me to get 100/300? Would your 100K be any different than another carrier? Perhaps I can't actually figure out what 100/300 means.

It's VERY easy to buy the right auto insurance. I challenge anyone (including you) to show me where I have gaps in my protection other than "you could have more liability" and find me a better price.

If you really think you can, send me an email with your contact information and I'll let you give it a shot. But I not only doubt you'll "out auto policy me," but I'd be willing to put money on it.

Rick

RBA, I like you, I do, but Rick has a point (and in all fairness so do you), but here is the trump card:

Once a client understands auto insurance liability limits and coverages, it then becomes about price. I have the lizard right now and probably could save a few bucks by switching, but I do like knowing that I have a competitive price and I have had claim experience with them and they were great to deal with.

So once a client has established what they need coverage wise, how does buying it from an agent vs not having an agent (all policy limits being equal) change anything?

When you Life/Health agents are scrambling for commissions when all your products are being sold mainly by direct writers that can out compete you with marketing dollars alone, think back and remember the "agents don't serve any value" comment.

When you Life/Health agents are scrambling for commissions when all your products are being sold mainly by direct writers that can out compete you with marketing dollars alone, think back and remember the "agents don't serve any value" comment.

Nobody every said that. However, it only takes an IQ over 80 to buy a proper auto policy. 100/300 means exactly the same with every carrier.

It also doesn't take a genius to buy a med supp. Plan F is Plan F every day of the week. Part-D is complicated but at $25 commission, I can't afford to sell it.

Homeowner coverage is more complicated. Health Insurance is more complicated. You can even argue that term insurance is more complicated.

But auto insurance is auto insurance.

Rick

Back