Do you know when your going to die?

I don't need the money that bad.

The word you want is the adverb "badly."

Maybe it's simply that people on this board are pressed for time and therefore butcher the English language. I hope so because for a group of people who make their living by the written and spoken word, there is a large minority here who don't express a knowledge of the basics of English grammar.

I believe the quote in question was used in a presentation in the context of:

"Do you know when you're going to die? Let me know, and I'll meet you the day before and write your life insurance plan, assuming you are insurable. If you don't know when you are going to die, you might want to have me write this policy now. Your choice."

Al

Thank you al3! I asked a simple question, and although I enjoyed most of the replies, it seems to me that some of the "elite" agents have to much time on their hands and have to keep up the wise guy responses.

If anyone selling life insurance has been around any length of time, you know that sometimes your prospect is just a little hard headed and your conversation comes around to something like "Do you know when your going to die?"

Thanks for all the responses, I still enjoy the forum and get a lot of good info from it.

Thank you al3! I asked a simple question, and although I enjoyed most of the replies, it seems to me that some of the "elite" agents have to much time on their hands and have to keep up the wise guy responses.

Frank, Rick, Senior and a few others see this board as not only an extension of their ego, but as a venue to vent their frustrations by beating up on others. They see it as an exercise in "humor" but my take is that it is basically mean-spirited. If I ran the board I'd give them a "time out" just as you would do with any four year old, but I don't run the board and no one listens to me anyway.

That said, there is still a lot of value in staying here and being a participant. The trick is to not take what Rick, Frank, Senior, and a few others say about you personally. Try to remember that this is the Internet... not real life!

Al3

Frank, Rick, Senior and a few others see this board as not only an extension of their ego, but as a venue to vent their frustrations by beating up on others. They see it as an exercise in "humor" but my take is that it is basically mean-spirited. If I ran the board I'd give them a "time out" just as you would do with any four year old, but I don't run the board and no one listens to me anyway.

That said, there is still a lot of value in staying here and being a participant. The trick is to not take what Rick, Frank, Senior, and a few others say about you personally. Try to remember that this is the Internet... not real life!

Al3
Wow. You actually posted something meaningful in your prior post.

But you just couldn't stand not mentioning one of us so you needed to post again. And you managed to not only mention all 3 of us, but you did it twice.

Perhaps you are thinking about us too much. Do you call out one of our names when you masterbate?

Rick

NCnatwidagent:

As you have seen, two things happened in the course of this thread:

1) You became a Super Genius. Not bad, not bad.

2) You have learned what I have learned over the past several months --threads here frequently degenerate into flame fests between some members. Thankfully, these are usually not directed against the new poster. I think you will get to understand and maybe (maybe) appreciate the quirks and humor of some of the folks.

Wow. You actually posted something meaningful in your prior post.

But you just couldn't stand not mentioning one of us so you needed to post again. And you managed to not only mention all 3 of us, but you did it twice.

Perhaps you are thinking about us too much. Do you call out one of our names when you masterbate?

Rick

I dont care who you are, thats funny!:D:D:D:D:D

I can't send a PM yet, don't have 20 posts. But to Frank.....thanks for the PM to me.
I've been in the insurance business for 8 years full time, so I'm developing that thick skin that we all need. :D

I do enjoy the banter on some of the threads though. and there is a lot of useful info on this site.
Thanks,
John

Back