• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Does anyone actually have a solution for inbound calls

I think the first 6 months do to chaos this will be forgiven . Hell no company as even addressed this to agents . This will take a yr of training for agents to learn this and implement . By that time the groundswell will be so great they’ll back track . This is an impossible task fir people who work in the field and get 3-5 client calls a day while driving

I'm not trying to start an argument, and you MAY be right.. but the government isn't known to backtrack on regulation just because agents don't like it.

You used to be able to cold call and door knock for MAPD.
You didn't used to need a scope of appointment.

They're more concerned about beneficiary complaints. If agant concerns were the case, NAHU would have gotten a carve out for current clients, yet here we are. I'm willing to bet that call centers enroll more people annually than all the independent agents, combined. That's a guess, obvs.

My panties are never in a wad but thank you for your concern.

Yeah they haven't, but okie dokie.

The end result of this BS govt bureaucracy:

More consumer complaints, not less.

More irritated clients having to jump through hoops and hassle to enroll.

More govt employees to deal with.

More cost to agents and taxpayers.

More reputable agents losing their license.

More agents leaving the biz, leaving the consumer with less access to educated agents vs 1 800 no help.

Bad actors will stay bad actors.

Not one thing good will come from this regulation.

The end result of this BS govt bureaucracy:

More consumer complaints, not less.

More irritated clients having to jump through hoops and hassle to enroll.

More govt employees to deal with.

More cost to agents and taxpayers.

More reputable agents losing their license.

More agents leaving the biz, leaving the consumer with less access to educated agents vs 1 800 no help.

Bad actors will stay bad actors.

Not one thing good will come from this regulation.

You miss the point. By stating this disclaimer, both verbally on the phone and in print, Mary Jane will no longer be forced to enroll with an agent.

She'll finally know - for the first time - that she can call Medicare and get a full, compliant, and comprehensive explanation of all of the plans available to her. No stone unturned (agents work for commissions and refuse to explain all 52 nuanced advantage plans due to their desire to cut the presentation shorter than 43 hours).

But alas - Mary Jane is now both informed, protected, and satisfied with her knowledge of every plan available in her area.

Obviously, you wouldn't have cared enough about her to fully explain every. single. plan. allowing her to make an informed decision.

Medicare will step in, where you've failed to step up.

In what piece of literature did you find that there is an exception for TPMOs that sell all commercially available MA plans. I'm not going to lie, I haven't read all 190 pages of the CMS rule.

It's in Module 4 of AHIP "Independent agents/brokers and other third party marketing organizations must use the TPMO marketing disclaimer unless the TPMO sells all commercially available MA/Part D plans in a given service area."

You miss the point. By stating this disclaimer, both verbally on the phone and in print, Mary Jane will no longer be forced to enroll with an agent.

She'll finally know - for the first time - that she can call Medicare and get a full, compliant, and comprehensive explanation of all of the plans available to her. No stone unturned (agents work for commissions and refuse to explain all 52 nuanced advantage plans due to their desire to cut the presentation shorter than 43 hours).

But alas - Mary Jane is now both informed, protected, and satisfied with her knowledge of every plan available in her area.

Obviously, you wouldn't have cared enough about her to fully explain every. single. plan. allowing her to make an informed decision.

Medicare will step in, where you've failed to step up.

Medicare will not take the time to explain every plan, they will only go so far and then refer them to the insurance carrier. And that's where we as brokers step in.

Back