Does Copay to See Primary Doctor Count Towards Deductible?

Let me re ask this question because I'm still in outer space on this one. So please bear with me and please and thank you beforehand. Here's an example:

XYZ Health Insurance Plan
Copay is $30 for Primary
Deductible is $2500/$5000

I've noticed on some plans it'll say something like $30 for 4 visits, then subject to deductible and coinsurance. If it doesn't give this sort of notice, or an asterisk or special note, can I assume that the deductible has to be paid first BEFORE the copay is enabled ?

Thanks guys!

MIM :GEEK::idea:

P.S. I forgot to mention that I'm in Southern California if that has any relevancy to the answer.

Yes, some plans work that way, but the copay does not accumulate toward the deductible.

Frankly, I don't know why these questions come up. Obama designed these plans so that all you needed to know was bronze, silver, gold, platinum. Just like ordering an airline ticket on Kayak.

Everything is so much easier now than it was before.

Believe me, I really really appreciate the limitless humor on this forum. lol....
However, I'm still confused as to the answer to my question. Deductible paid first before the copay or can the beneficiary start paying the copay right away ? Thanks!

MIM :GEEK::idea:

If the plan states a 4 visit limit on copay's that is all you get until after the deductible is paid.

Back