• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Drug Not Covered

Interesting:

FLOIR Media Release - Alleged Illegal Conduct Compels Commissioner McCarty to Issue an Amended Notice and Order to Show Cause to American Medical and Life Insurance Co.

Office investigators concluded that AMLI misrepresented to consumers, through advertisements by Cinergy Health Inc., the benefits and terms of the insurance policies that it underwrites; used un-appointed agents; failed to exercise appropriate oversight of the activities of its managing general agent, which issues its policies; failed to provide records to the Office in a timely manner; and used an unlicensed third party administrator to handle claims. AMLI, which is based in New York, is currently licensed to sell insurance products in Florida.

I appealed anthem (Unicare) on a reflux RX they wanted me to take an OTC prilosec, which for me did nothing.

At the time they didn't want to pay for prevacid which was over $100/mo.

Now prevacid and prilosec is OTC. Lol.

My point is there was a process to appeal and they did it promptly.

You may not think much of limited benefit plans, but I know of one which will infact cover the womens med (IF) it is FDA approved. I know this due to the fact that all FDA approved drugs are covered by this plan. A couple features that catch a lot of attention about the plan is 1) it offers absolutely no caps and 2) it offers unlimited usage. Both of these features are very attractive to the consumer who has to pay out-of-pocket due to either not having coverage period or they have hit the gap in their existing plan. If you are interested in some information, just send me a quick message and I will be happy to guide you in the right direction.

What do you mean by covered? That is a very broad term.

hahahaha

how many times have we seen that one Bob?

"Covered" .....indeed!

Covered as in you will get a 10% discount on your $500 drug? Sir, it's covered!

Alrighty , time for church, this forum makes me feel dirty....jk..lol.

Back