• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

EFES, Equita Company

Oh you like jokes uh? I do too...however, the forums are suppose to be for business...and you obviously have some insight on the business of fe, but you don't know exactly what you are talking about just yet...that's why you revert to humor...which is fine...however, if you ever want a lesson in the final expense business, I would be more than happy to enlighten you...and I'll leave my "junk" out of it...

TPA's figures are closer to being right than you might think. If you know someone who is actually spending 50K per year on leads, then I'll be willing to bet they are doing at least 5 times the business you are. I doubt you actually know someone who is doing that though.

As for your residuals not staying on the books, I hate that for you. Maybe you're just not selling the right product or maybe you're selling to people you ought not be selling to.

TPA's figures are closer to being right than you might think. If you know someone who is actually spending 50K per year on leads, then I'll be willing to bet they are doing at least 5 times the business you are. I doubt you actually know someone who is doing that though.

As for your residuals not staying on the books, I hate that for you. Maybe you're just not selling the right product or maybe you're selling to people you ought not be selling to.

I personally know 3 people that were spending over $40,000 per year on leads before they got with EFES.

One is is no longer in the business, but the other two are now spending about $12,000 per leads and doing just about the same production as they were spending $40,000+. One is doing much more production now.

An FE agent doing his own mail would have to send out 2000 pieces per week. At $800 per week it gets to $40,000 pretty quickly.

I personally know 3 people that were spending over $40,000 per year on leads before they got with EFES.

One is is no longer in the business, but the other two are now spending about $12,000 per leads and doing just about the same production as they were spending $40,000+. One is doing much more production now.

An FE agent doing his own mail would have to send out 2000 pieces per week. At $800 per week it gets to $40,000 pretty quickly.

Depends on where your at- Your area at .06 return vs someone pulling in 1% to 1-5%

I average around 1.2% per drop, but I also manufacture another 4-5 leads per week myself with little to no cost to myself

My cost per month is around $1000- $1200 and I avg around 50 leads per month, thats the amount of leads I figured out I needed to make the kinda money I wanted to make.

I didn't say there weren't agents spending that kind of money on leads, I just doubt that RockChalk knows any of them.

In all honesty, I was trying to get a rise out of him so that he could come back and try to give us all some more of those valuable lessons in FE! :D

I'm Thinking LH. Wow!

No, none of them were with LH. They are independent agents doing mail thru MSPM. Sending out 2000 to 2500 pieces per week. One of them spent about $50,000 per year in mailings. He was issued/paid over $200,000 in FE, so it was working for him, but, having someone else do it for you is much better.

No, none of them were with LH. They are independent agents doing mail thru MSPM. Sending out 2000 to 2500 pieces per week. One of them spent about $50,000 per year in mailings. He was issued/paid over $200,000 in FE, so it was working for him, but, having someone else do it for you is much better.

I meant to say that doing your own mail nowadays is like digging deep into your pockets unnecessarily. Kinda like Paying for LH leads lol

I avg. getting about 15-20 leads a week and pay a little less then $200 sometimes to a little more then $250 other times so I know about the savings first hand of getting someone else to do it.
I get them once a week all at the same time also. I don't get them the same day of every week but I am not complaining one bit about it.

This is hilarious...great movie...I've been away from the banter for a little while...seems like you're all over this, hard to believe you are a producer with this much time on here...but I've been wrong before...I'll tip my hat to you if that's the case
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
;)RockChalk is a Kansas University Fan....never believe a word a KU fan tells you!! 10% is true, 90% is pure crap!

Wow...you're a smart one...Yes, I received my undergrad at Kansas...there is a problem with that? It's either one of two things...you never went to college and you're sad at yourself for never going...or you went to MU...:idea:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I didn't say there weren't agents spending that kind of money on leads, I just doubt that RockChalk knows any of them.

In all honesty, I was trying to get a rise out of him so that he could come back and try to give us all some more of those valuable lessons in FE! :D

Only time you'll get a rise out of me is if you were a female...and from your profile pic you look like Sloth from the Goonies ;)

Last edited:
Rock Chalk, went to Kansas State University...I feel sorry for you and your family...for being a horrible Insurance Advisor, and for going to KU. May god have mercy on your soul....

Great imput so that someone can see both sides of an opportunity!! Thanks.

I don't think I forgot it as much as I didn't directly state it. I implied that in some areas you can generate leads less expensively than others. It would be based on your rate of return on your mailers. When I lived in Michigan I got well over 1.5% return on a $350 mailer.

In Ohio after I moved, I couldn't come close to that low of a marketing cost - which made EFES a good choice. You are right in that you need to weigh it all - sorry if I wasn't as clear.

Well, I couldn't come that close to that low of a marketing cost until I started cold-calling for med supps :biggrin:
But different markets, different products, I'd hate to cold-call for Final Expense (I'd go door-to-door, though).

Back