Emergency Health Insurance Use for Pre-exisiting Condition Surgery

CoolAero

I am currently suffer from teeth pain caused by erupted wisdom tooth and an impacted wisdom tooth, as well as subluxation ulnar nerve/tendonitis in both of my elbows. The teeth requires the oral surgery to remove the wisdom teeth and my elbows also need surgery in order for them to be fixed.

I don't have insurance at the moment due to being laid off, and I have spoke with an insurance agent and he mentioned that the conditions that I have would be consider pre-existing condition due to the fact that it was diagnosed after I lost my employment and my insurance, so even if I get a new private insurance, it wouldn't cover the surgery cost for both surgeries under these circumstances.

To counter this rule, I was wondering if it is possible that I get a private insurance from somewhere, and then as soon as I get the insurance. Go to a different dentist and a different orthopaedic care to the same exact conditions diagnosed again while claiming that I never had my teeth and elbows checked out for both conditions before. So that after I get the new insurance, these conditions wouldn't be considered as pre-existing conditions?

Anyone has experiences with this type of situation and tried it? Feedback are greatly apperciated. Thanks.

I am currently suffer from teeth pain caused by erupted wisdom tooth and an impacted wisdom tooth, as well as subluxation ulnar nerve/tendonitis in both of my elbows. The teeth requires the oral surgery to remove the wisdom teeth and my elbows also need surgery in order for them to be fixed.

I don't have insurance at the moment due to being laid off, and I have spoke with an insurance agent and he mentioned that the conditions that I have would be consider pre-existing condition due to the fact that it was diagnosed after I lost my employment and my insurance, so even if I get a new private insurance, it wouldn't cover the surgery cost for both surgeries under these circumstances.

To counter this rule, I was wondering if it is possible that I get a private insurance from somewhere, and then as soon as I get the insurance. Go to a different dentist and a different orthopaedic care to the same exact conditions diagnosed again while claiming that I never had my teeth and elbows checked out for both conditions before. So that after I get the new insurance, these conditions wouldn't be considered as pre-existing conditions?

Anyone has experiences with this type of situation and tried it? Feedback are greatly apperciated. Thanks.

Or you can find an agent who understands that there are no pre-existing conditions now with PPACA

Or you can find an agent who understands that there are no pre-existing conditions now with PPACA

But always good to know that had this happened 8 months ago the OP would be good to go with insurance fraud....What health insurance agent does not know Pre-x is gone?

True. If he is past SEP he might be out of luck until next year... Or he could apply for Medicaid for not having income since he was laid off.

That's exactly what I was thinking. If CoolAero is in a state that expanded Medicaid and his income is low enough, he can get his coverage back-dated up to 3 months.

Back