Extra secret comp for MA plans?

CMS doesn't need to know about it...

Marketing money is not compensation.

It's money that you get to market services and not tied to specific production of MAPD plans.

Do I think CMS knows? Maybe not about specific instances, but certainly the practice.

Furthermore, do you really think that insurers are going to jeopardize the compensation they get from CMS to give you money if they thought it was noncompliant?

UHC offers agents leads to sell their products. It's an item of value. However, it's not an item of value based on the sale of a product.

You may not see it that way, but it doesn't really matter when that's the way it is.

Why can’t it be tied to specific production of plans?

Walter

Why can’t it be tied to specific production of plans?

Walter

The carrier can delegate a per application incentive, but it’s wholly distributed by the scrupulous/unscrupulous FMO/upline. That way, the carrier washes its hands from the mess and the FMO/upline accepts responsibility to give out the incentives to selling agents OR pocket the money to use for a new lake house.

You're asking the question you already have the answer for...

Can you give additional compensation for Medicare Advantage plan sales?

By your logic if I understand it correctly, yes you can because if it’s extra money and it’s based on production then it can’t be non comp if the other per policy stuff IS comp no??

Appreciate the discussion by the way. This is new too me,

Walter

By your logic if I understand it correctly, yes you can because if it’s extra money and it’s based on production then it can’t be non comp if the other per policy stuff IS comp no??

Appreciate the discussion by the way. This is new too me,

Walter

I'm not saying that at all.

Marketing Money BEFORE you make sales (which is what marketing is...) is not compensation.

In order to get marketing money, you have to outline a marketing plan and budget. You receive and spend money. There's no direct money given for sales.

Thus, marketing money is not compensation.

I'm not saying that at all.

Marketing Money BEFORE you make sales (which is what marketing is...) is not compensation.

In order to get marketing money, you have to outline a marketing plan and budget. You receive and spend money. There's no direct money given for sales.

Thus, marketing money is not compensation.

Travis is correct on this.

Marketing money is not compensation because it is not "reactive", meaning it isn't an offer of $XX per app payable after the fact.

These dollars are paid out to agents and agencies following submission and review of a business plan. Most organizations will consider prior production and market conditions in addition to the details in the plan before determining an appropriate investment amount.

Travis is correct on this.

Marketing money is not compensation because it is not "reactive", meaning it isn't an offer of $XX per app payable after the fact.

These dollars are paid out to agents and agencies following submission and review of a business plan. Most organizations will consider prior production and market conditions in addition to the details in the plan before determining an appropriate investment amount.
While this may be true in this case, there are companies that base marketing money based on sales. I know one IMO/agency that does. You get so many points for each product sold. Once you achieve X number of points they give you $175 for marketing.

SNL's lead bonus is essentially a marketing bonus and is is paid based upon prior production.

Back