Face To Face Meetings

High volume to me is an app a day for life...20 per month. I'm not saying I'm there, but that's the goal.

Let me ask you this...if you hear someone talking in the hallway about a high volume producer he knows, how much do you expect him to say that guy produces?

If you're averaging 15K in annual health premium a week, month after month, in this market you're doing something. That's 750K a year in sales and I highly doubt you could find 3% of independent agents writing such volume. Too bad for us with commissions being slashed this volume equals just average/good money.

I love when those 20 out-of-state agents call. Usually, they are inexperienced, pushy and impatient.

If you listen, make your quick pitch and wait, you'll be fine.

A lot of agents believe they are "good talkers" but many of them have never learned any listening skills.

One never learns anything while they are talking.

Peeler- I think you're off on your time. I do almost solely f2f.F2f eats up an addt'l 2 hrs of time. You must look at it as oppurtunity cost. Here is what you get for those extra 1 1/2 hours:
1. Closing ratio SUBSTANTIALLY stronger.
2. Other sales, such as FE. Chances are dramatically greater in getting addtl sales from F2F.
3. Referrals-greater after f2f meeting.
4. Stickier client.
I realize that most people sell over the tel. I wish I can transition at least a little that way, since I truly believe that is the only way to really grow your biz. Finding a hard time doing it.

High volume to me is an app a day for life...20 per month. I'm not saying I'm there, but that's the goal.

Let me ask you this...if you hear someone talking in the hallway about a high volume producer he knows, how much do you expect him to say that guy produces?

I think a high volume producer in individual health is $500,000+ in annual premium. To constantly produce at that level is no easy thing.

On the life side if you are writing $100,000 a year in premium you are solid.

I think a high volume producer in individual health is $500,000+ in annual premium. To constantly produce at that level is no easy thing.

On the life side if you are writing $100,000 a year in premium you are solid.

sorry... disagree... thats just avg if you are making a marginal living ... and thats prior to HCR. 500 k is only about 10k a week... 3 apps a week aint high producer

at 10% thats 50k, 15% is 75k...

not a lot of money after taxes and costs.

not bad for working in ur boxers, but not like it used to be.

at 10% thats 50k, 15% is 75k...

not a lot of money after taxes and costs.

not bad for working in ur boxers, but not like it used to be.

If comp doesn't get even worse in 2014, someone making $50k first year could build up a pretty big book over the years. Throw in a few life/disability/LTC cross sales and you've got a decent income.

I'm a disabled veteran with 80% hearing loss and hearing aids. Up until gas got near $3.00 per gallon, I'd do ANYTHING to make it a face-to-face, rather than embarassing myself and giving both me and the prospect a headache by asking him/her to repeat things. Anyway, meeting with people at their homes and businesses is how I was trained as a captive Prudential Life agent in the late 1980's.

Even though my face-to-face closing ratio is 4 out of 5, the $4.25 gas combined with the largeness of the Chicago metro area has me looking for internet-based alternatives that don't require much telephone interaction. I suppose if this were possible, every agent would be doing it by now?

During 2007 and part of 2008, IHC Health Solutions had a great system that I wish they'd bring back. You just get the prospect interested enough to "see if they qualify", pass their contact info to IHC, and the company would call the prospect and complete the application. I earned a nice trip that year thanks to the additional applications that system generated while I was out doing the face-to-face route.

I've put a question in the "Insurance Websites" section of this forum and have received some good feedback to get started on the path to basic online-only marketing. Insurance-Forums.net members are (for the most part) very knowledgable and willing to help.

-AC

Back