Farmers Background Investigation Questions

NewPdxAgent

I'm a new agent and I'm filling out my first application with Farmers.

They're asking about my personal Financial Assets.

I think it's too personal to ask how much money I have or don't have. Why is it essential that Farmers must know this part? :nah:

Can you tell me if this is just Farmers?

I'm a new agent and I'm filling out my first application with Farmers.

They're asking about my personal Financial Assets.

I think it's too personal to ask how much money I have or don't have. Why is it essential that Farmers must know this part? :nah:

Can you tell me if this is just Farmers?

Because they want to know how much they will drain you before you fail and go bankrupt....

I was so excited about working with Farmers until I read some of the posts about how the Subsidy Payment is a Loan that has to be repaid if not 600 policies enforced with 24 months. The DM seems to be nice, but the questions they ask in my "Background Investigative" seems a little too personal.

This isn't like filling out an application to go work at Target. They feel that you need a certain amount of money to do the things you need to be able to do in order to be successful. It's very standard.

In the P&C world, its pretty normal. They do get a bit intense, but they also want you to get your securities license, where they do want to know your financial stability.

I don't think its a requirement that you have a lot of financial assets, just don't be dirt poor. I also don't think they verify this outside of making sure its reasonable.

On the other hand, if your credit is trash, they won't take you (nor will most other captive P&C companies).

Dan

I just got my agent number today from Farmers. I put the honest answers that I had a net worth of $1000. and they still approved me no problem. I think they just dont want you to be FULL of debt and no money because then you are just going to suck everything out of your business to not lose your home instead of reinvesting everything...

They are not "out to get you" sir :1wink:

I just got my agent number today from Farmers. I put the honest answers that I had a net worth of $1000. and they still approved me no problem. I think they just dont want you to be FULL of debt and no money because then you are just going to suck everything out of your business to not lose your home instead of reinvesting everything...

They are not "out to get you" sir :1wink:

Please come back in two months and tell us what you think of Farmers. I bet the answer will be vastly different.

Back