FE Market in San Diego Area?

Savage

Hey friends,

Advice and input needed...

I have been in the industry for several years working at corporate for one of the largest FE insurance carriers in the country. I enjoy my job but might be moving to the San Diego area in the coming months. (The wife has a nice opportunity in her field)

I have always been very interested in becoming an agent but always have had a decent salary in a comfortable position so I haven't entertained the idea seriously until now.

I definitely feel I would have a jump start knowing the business and products so well as well as personally knowing the RD for the region.

One of my major concerns is the FE market in San Diego. With the cost of living so high do potential clients have the extra $40-$60 bucks a month to devote to a plan?

I'm a hard worker and have moved up in corporate but I am ready for a change. I'm not worried about the selling aspect(I have experience in sales) as I know that takes time and perseverance but I'm concerned with the market.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

One of my major concerns is the FE market in San Diego. With the cost of living so high do potential clients have the extra $40-$60 bucks a month to devote to a plan?

The demographic you're targeting is those that can't afford to leave much.
Tailor your demographic by simply altering the income if you're concerned, but I wouldn't.

When you say sales experience, in what capacity?

Hey friends,

Advice and input needed...

I have been in the industry for several years working at corporate for one of the largest FE insurance carriers in the country. I enjoy my job but might be moving to the San Diego area in the coming months. (The wife has a nice opportunity in her field)

I have always been very interested in becoming an agent but always have had a decent salary in a comfortable position so I haven't entertained the idea seriously until now.

I definitely feel I would have a jump start knowing the business and products so well as well as personally knowing the RD for the region.

I'm a hard worker and have moved up in corporate but I am ready for a change. I'm not worried about the selling aspect(I have experience in sales) as I know that takes time and perseverance but I'm concerned with the market.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

People say the same thing about the San Francisco Bay area market. I write larger deals there. They will spend $100 + on SIWL quicker than some poor person in Tulare country.

IMHO

FE may different of course.

Back