FE Policy Fees

I REALLY like companies that do phone interviews and let you know that the policy is approved, declined or rated AT the time of sale. Apparently Forresters is becomming a strong player in FE.

Wait just a minute before jumping to conclusions about Foresters.

I had a PHI with a client in Feb that their Apptical dept told us over the phone the client would not qualify for Level benefits but must be placed in Modified due to MIB. When queried about what it was, all the interviewer would say was that it was a drug issue. I sought to get this decision reviewed and it went into a black hole. As a matter of fact, I just got an email yesterday asking if I could re-send the application so they could expedite processing. So much for the quick decision supposedly for SIWL. I told them not to bother... I placed the client with a competitor at Level benefits a month ago after I gave up trying to get a response from Foresters.

I have tried calling Foresters and been told the office was closed in the middle of the week, middle of the day. In all fairness, I did see on the agent site that they are having phone troubles.... but they have my phone number! Why didn't they call ME? They even mailed a letter to my client telling her that her application had been cancelled. They didn't bother informing me....

I have been told by others that Foresters is hard to work with, and I believe it!

I had a PHI with a client in Feb that their Apptical dept told us over the phone the client would not qualify for Level benefits but must be placed in Modified due to MIB. When queried about what it was, all the interviewer would say was that it was a drug issue. I sought to get this decision reviewed and it went into a black hole. As a matter of fact, I just got an email yesterday asking if I could re-send the application so they could expedite processing. So much for the quick decision supposedly for SIWL. I told them not to bother... I placed the client with a competitor at Level benefits a month ago after I gave up trying to get a response from Foresters.

I have tried calling Foresters and been told the office was closed in the middle of the week, middle of the day. In all fairness, I did see on the agent site that they are having phone troubles.... but they have my phone number! Why didn't they call ME? They even mailed a letter to my client telling her that her application had been cancelled. They didn't bother informing me....

I have been told by others that Foresters is hard to work with, and I believe it!

I haven't been involved with Foresters on their PlanRight FE. I'm looking into it to see if it may have a niche. I di of MP with Foresters when I was with NAA.

They were far and away the most difficult company to work with, even moreso than Old Mutual.

I've had people tell me that they are "different" now with the PlanRight. Maybe they are because they are in the honeymoon phase still. I can't see how a company would change overnight.

I did see that they charge back 100% on their graded and modified for natural cause death in the 1st year. I don't like that from any company. UHL does the same.

yeah, that is one downside to their phone underwriting.

I had a lady denied because of a cream she was using. The cream is used by AIDS patients (or something like that) so its an automatic decline.

She was using the cream for blisters on her head (yuck).

She did not have any disease and when submitted to Settlers, she was approved without any questions.

Regardless, Forester's simple phone interview/underwriting works great for me and I have no complaints (when their phones are working, they are the best at answering your calls and getting you what you need).

Back