Feds Not Paying Insurance Companies Subsidies

I'd hate to give business away but will if it saves him more than I'll make. He'll buy me dinner. FB has always been cheap but it's always because something in the contract let them pay less claims This guy only needs to plug the hole for a few years until he jumps on Medicare.

FB used to set up medical business in a trust and hire another carrier to administer claims. Do you know when FB's trust renews? If it is at year end, they won't be changing networks in midstream. They used BC at one time then went to Aetna's horrible network for a while. They were back with the Blues the last time I checked but they mostly have been a nonissue for me (except when their *** agent gives my clients wrong information).

AC....look at your autodrafts. That may be it. When did they post? Part of the RPP upgrade is changing all drafts from "whenever they felt like it" around the 28th to the first business day of the month. TX still drafted on the 28th, but HCSC is implementing Texas last. Im expecting it to hit us next month.

HCSC is transferring 70% of it's I.T. operations "overseas" for 2017, and beyond. This caused some (unlucky) agents to see approx. 50% of our commissions go missing, due to customer billing "issues" in August.

To it's credit, BCBS-IL sent out an e-mail to the affected agents yesterday evening, letting us know what had happened. The company will add the omitted commissions to our September commissions, payable around October 18th.

HCSC is transferring 70% of it's I.T. operations "overseas" for 2017, and beyond. This caused some (unlucky) agents to see approx. 50% of our commissions go missing, due to customer billing "issues" in August.

To it's credit, BCBS-IL sent out an e-mail to the affected agents yesterday evening, letting us know what had happened. The company will add the omitted commissions to our September commissions, payable around October 18th.

Wait until EOBs and provider payments get the same treatment. :twitchy:

BCBST just bailed on large metropolitan areas for ACA business. Dropped commission to $0 on new business.

Carriers always blew smoke about supporting and being committed to the agent community. They were until no longer needed. Anyone up for a little complicated life case business?

Back