• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

First day WIN!

What the posters are telling you is there’s a reason these people you wrote use direct express accounts . They couldn’t handle a checking account because of constant nsf’s and negative balances in their accounts . Their checking accounts were probably closed and they never paid the negative balances . They are terrible with money . Overall those people are not good business . First time your draft cause them not to be able to buy cigs your ins gone . Also another big issue is people lose their cards and your drafts bounce . Also sbli is bot true ss billing . It doesn’t draft on the 1st or 3rd if those dates are on the weekend . What that means is if the 3rd is on a sat . Your clients get paid on Friday the 2nd . sbli and I believe Aig ( I dont believe there true ss billing either ) won’t take that money until Monday . There’s a 98% chance by Monday that direct express card has zero balance and you draft bounces . Then you got to set up a double draft the next month . If they bounced 1premium what’s chances of them having the money for 2 premiums ?That’s if you can get them on the phone . Are you doing telesales ?

It’s great to be excited . But what posters are telling you this business has a lot of ups and downs in the first 1-2 yrs . For instance if you get a $1500 advance and 2 months later you get chargeback . That means the next 2 pieces you get no check as you clear the debit . Also what’s being told to you it’s very unusual for a direct express Gi to be spending $220 a month on a policy . There’s a great likelihood he lapses in the first yr . Overall Gi business has a very high lapse rate . I looked at my aig Gi book a while back . It had a lot of lapses in first yr . For me that’s throw away business . I don’t care if I write it .You need to learn to undersell premium vs overselling . Somebody with a direct express card overall should never be spending over $80 a month or so . They’re bad with their money so you think they’ll keep that $220 coming out of their check monthly ? Keep your head down and your emotions level . The journey ahead will have many bumps in the road . How you handle those bumps will determine if you make it in this business .

Very good advice.

Gulliver

Back