First Option/EFES Phone Sales/Northstar?

I read the OP's post as asking for what anyone knows about EFES telesales, Northstar, and/or First Option.

YaWat, have you tried a forum search on them? The only one of the three I've ever seen anything about is EFES, and even then, I don't think it was telesales.

I have found that the telesales for FE is a failed model for the independent agent working as a sole proprietor.

Doesn't mean there aren't exceptions to the rule. I heard of a couple exceptions. One has posted in this thread, gymguy. I have no idea who he is but I can tell from his prior posts that he is the real deal and knows what he's doing. If I were going to pursue FE telesales I would be all over him to garner info from him.

The rest are pretty much posers. One guy mentioned TD. That's a frickin joke. That's a guy that's never produced in any manner. He used to push DK'ing but the truth was he never sold DK'ing either.

Now he's pushing TV leads for FE phone sales. You think the fact that he sells TV leads has anything to do with that recommendation?

Insuranceman always claimed to be the master at FE phone sales but that was because he was recruiting telesales agents. He did seem to have a handle on telesales. Nothing to the extent of gymguy though.

If you are dead set on giving it a go then give it 100% and don't have a plan B. The people at EFES are top notch. I don't know the first thing about their FE telesales division but I do know the guy that heads it up and he is a straight arrow.

Still, my first order of business would be to have a conversation one on one with gymguy before I made another move.

^^^^ I agree what he said ^^^^ Talk with GymGuy, I heard he was trained by the best and then made it better.

^^^^ I agree what he said ^^^^ Talk with GymGuy, I heard he was trained by the best and then made it better.

The entire reason I made the telesales tips thread was specifically to reduce the frequency of people asking to speak with me for advice. I don't mind helping people, but in all honestly there is no amount of questions I can answer or time I can give on the phone that is going to enable people to be successful at telesales. There is just too much that goes into it. I gave people the foundation, so they can in turn build on it through their own trial and error if they should be crazy enough to actually pursue telesales. Outside of wanting to burn through time and money, people really shouldnt pursue it unless they can get 1 on 1 face to face training from someone who has already been successful at it. GL finding that.

I have found that the telesales for FE is a failed model for the independent agent working as a sole proprietor. Doesn't mean there aren't exceptions to the rule. I heard of a couple exceptions. One has posted in this thread, gymguy. I have no idea who he is but I can tell from his prior posts that he is the real deal and knows what he's doing. If I were going to pursue FE telesales I would be all over him to garner info from him. The rest are pretty much posers. One guy mentioned TD. That's a frickin joke. That's a guy that's never produced in any manner. He used to push DK'ing but the truth was he never sold DK'ing either. Now he's pushing TV leads for FE phone sales. You think the fact that he sells TV leads has anything to do with that recommendation? Insuranceman always claimed to be the master at FE phone sales but that was because he was recruiting telesales agents. He did seem to have a handle on telesales. Nothing to the extent of gymguy though. If you are dead set on giving it a go then give it 100% and don't have a plan B. The people at EFES are top notch. I don't know the first thing about their FE telesales division but I do know the guy that heads it up and he is a straight arrow. Still, my first order of business would be to have a conversation one on one with gymguy before I made another move.
I've seen first hand his office put up 4 sales in a period of an hour. They only call TV, Tm leads and he has sick leads where he writes NGL. For example: telemarketer calls house and finds out he or she has cancer or some type of real McCoy disease and then they say sorry you don't qualify. Then he gets his agents to surprise them with NGL and a customer who is more inclined to buy...he also had about 10 awards on his desk from Lincoln to efes... Got to remember if you have 50 states to pull from there has to be some cream through the phone.

Last edited:
I've seen first hand his office put up 4 sales in a period of an hour. They only call TV, Tm leads and he has sick leads where he writes NGL. For example: telemarketer calls house and finds out he or she has cancer or some type of real McCoy disease and then they say sorry you don't qualify. Then he gets his agents to surprise them with NGL and a customer who is more inclined to buy...he also had about 10 awards on his desk from Lincoln to efes... Got to remember if you have 50 states to pull from there has to be some cream through the phone.

Can't argue what his entire team does because I don't know. I do know that he is not a producer nor has he ever been. He doesn't have awards from EFES as a producer. He has awards for recruiting from EFES. He was definitely their number 1 recruiter for several years. But when it comes to personal production he is 7 UP, "never had it, never will".

Can't argue what his entire team does because I don't know. I do know that he is not a producer nor has he ever been. He doesn't have awards from EFES as a producer. He has awards for recruiting from EFES. He was definitely their number 1 recruiter for several years. But when it comes to personal production he is 7 UP, "never had it, never will".

Why is everyone on this forum, particularly the FE forum, so damn nasty ??????

Or should I say " the JD forum"....

Jd how old are you?Someone said you're 60?On a sat night Jd's at his hunting cabin drinking a litre of Jim bean.

Back