Florida Auto Insurance Agent Compensation

It is VERY difficult to get appointed with companies as a new agency. If you want to be able to sell you have to try to find another agency with contracts and work out a brokering/commision arrangement. Usually split is 70/30 for first year and 30/70 for renewals. You could get this same kind of split by being a producer for someone else and not have as much operating expense as you would if you went out on your own and tried to do a brokering situation.

I see.
By the way, I remember reading a post that says progressive is an easier one than others to get appointment from. I do not know how accurate that is.

Florida residents do you really think entering all your valuable personal information online for an auto insurance quote is really the safe way to obtain auto insurance?
A local personalized auto insurance agent who you can pick up the phone and call or stop by their office sounds so much safer and personal.

After 13 years of experience I made $60,000 per year only because I knew the right people and was at the right place at the right time. With the economy the way it is now, you would be lucky to make $35K - $40K with the same amount of experience. No realistic way that a newbie can make $65K in one year. I wonder who is painting that rosie picture?!!!!

Back