Florida Blue Plan for Prospect with Sleep Apnea

I should have specified that this is an Under 65 prospect.

I asked the question to an agent in my agency that has been working there for 7 years and he didn't know the answer, so I guess it's not THAT simple. Once he couldn't help me, I came here and made this thread because I trust you guys.

Typical no nothing Florida Blue Agency and agents who are clueless.

All you had to do is Google 'sleep apnea affordable care act', the first link details everything you need to know about sleep apnea treatment and diagnosis under the Affordable Care Act, then it's just a matter of looking at list of plans under 'Durable Medical Equipment' for the benefits, how hard is this?

How do you think the rest of us learned the business? It's through hard work and research, not someone feeding us information every time we had a question.

I should have specified that this is an Under 65 prospect.

I asked the question to an agent in my agency that has been working there for 7 years and he didn't know the answer, so I guess it's not THAT simple. Once he couldn't help me, I came here and made this thread because I trust you guys.

You know it's nice you trust us guys, but if no one in your agency can tell you, especially someone that has been around for 7 years does that tell you something? Like maybe you are with the wrong agency?

When you first started asking questions about your Medicare certification with Blue and could not get passed the third time I figured you were working independent of an office, but now I am beginning to see the light. You work in an office setting and no one you work with or your cga cares to train you. I have seen that over and over again. You can train yourself by reading everything on access blue and skillsoft and then get the hell away from that agency. Beside's you also have google a vast source of information.

It's not that no one wants to help, it is such that you have the same resources we all have.

If your daddy is working for the same agency or the cga why isn't he training you?

You know it's nice you trust us guys, but if no one in your agency can tell you, especially someone that has been around for 7 years does that tell you something? Like maybe you are with the wrong agency?

When you first started asking questions about your Medicare certification with Blue and could not get passed the third time I figured you were working independent of an office, but now I am beginning to see the light. You work in an office setting and no one you work with or your cga cares to train you. I have seen that over and over again. You can train yourself by reading everything on access blue and skillsoft and then get the hell away from that agency. Beside's you also have google a vast source of information.

It's not that no one wants to help, it is such that you have the same resources we all have.

If your daddy is working for the same agency or the cga why isn't he training you?

Daddy? He may be my dad but I don't have no "daddy".

With that said, your assumption is correct. It's not the best agency, but it's what I have to work with right now. I have to make the best of what I've got. I do all of my training by myself. My agency is just a bunch of old farts who started doing insurance after retiring and sit around all day in the office waiting for the phone to ring. They are so clueless about the ins and outs of the insurance industry, due to them not being "true" knowledgeable agents, that they aren't aware of how abysmally horrible our commission schedule is.

I'm mainly a life guy. Life is my background, and what I do 98% of my working time, through my own contracts outside of my agency. Health is something I'm just getting started in right now, and still have a lot to learn.

Last edited:
I know man those old no nothing farts cluttering up the office, I am surprised you don't have to clean the cobwebs off of them every morning. So I guess the one that's been there 7 years never bothered to learn anything?

Take those old farts client's and write life insurance and other ancillary products on them.

Lifeworth, to build a decent health business, you need to have the right structure and foundation to be successful.

Independence - to sell all the other 10+ carriers in the state (being captive with Blue allows no flexibility, and never the lowest pricing/best plan)

Knowledge - based on self education as I have rarely hear of any general agency knowing more than what this forum brings. We run circles around them. Same for carrier education......a joke.

Sales ability - can't teach that, you must be born with it.

Marketing - u need to be creative, and be willing to spend $ to make $. After several years, you can transition to working only on referrals. I will spend $0 this year on marketing, as referrals and rolling current clients will suffice.

Back