Florida Carriers are Sparse... What's goin on???

Click on this link and scroll to your hearts content. You'll find all you need here.

Floridians for Lawsuit Reform: Posts | LinkedIn

We have some out of town huge roofing company right now in my community going door to door mainly on houses built between 1998 & 2005 telling them that they have hail damage from a storm 15 months ago that the resident doesnt even remember nor did their more fragile items like leaves & flowers have damage at the time, let Alone cars, boat lift canopies, plastic deck railings.

This roofing company has literally hundreds of signs in front yards of the properties in a relatively small town in progress or completed. They have gotten new roofs from insurers even though the roof was with 1-5 years of needing to be redone by resident. I have always thought roofs should be ACV coverage. You shouldnt get a brand new roof if you are 30 years into a 25 year shingle that in Michigan only normally lasts 16-20 yrs

If the resident allows the sign in the yard, the roofing company waives the deducible too.

Lastly, the roofing companies are doing mailers to homes saying they inspected the roof by drone & it is detiorating from the 6/2020 hail damage. Ironically, a few residents who built this year even received the mailer

Most ironic part is that I live in an extremely conservative area where most would rail against free loading or entitlements, etc but have no issue with this new 30-40k roof that gets them out if a cycle of paying for this maintenance item

Not an expert on Florida but my understanding is that depending on the zipcode most insurers are secondary market to the state insuring the address because of the losses from hurricanes over the years starting with Andrew

Andrew was 1992....that was 30yrs ago!

Too much risk, that's what happened...especially in FL. Look it up...year-in and year-out, the top 5 highest homeowners ins rates are in Gulf Coast states, except for Oklahoma.

People from around the country who move into OK love the low cost of living but get the shock of their lives when they see the cost of homeowners ins policies.

People from around the country who move into OK love the low cost of living but get the shock of their lives when they see the cost of homeowners ins policies.

I'd consider moving to OK one day if it weren't for the tornado activity. The most expensive homeowners policy I saw (outside of E&S) was an OK home policy on a house a customer was selling. It was less than $200K coverage for near $10K per year.

Too much risk, that's what happened...especially in FL. Look it up...year-in and year-out, the top 5 highest homeowners ins rates are in Gulf Coast states, except for Oklahoma.

We haven't had nearly as much STORM DAMAGE as Ok.

But we are at the Top for Scams...seems like every Con-Artist in North America finds his way to Florida.

:(

Back