• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

For Appointments

But lead concepts leads ask for no age,date of birth and don’t even have the yr like 2021 on them .

I know lead concepts gets recommended a lot here. I do not have a problem with the no age/date/year. To my way of thinking that makes that card a "forever" lead. But there are several things I do not like that have prevented me from using them.

One thing that I just cannot abide by is that they will not send you the actual card - you only get the scanned copy by email.

I do not like that they want $30/1000 for the data list, especially when they still operate a 1982 mail house with no mapping feature on the CRM that pins every address mailed to on that drop. If you aren't going to drop the names into the CRM, then the list should be included.

There is no way to judge whether you are getting what you paid for with Lead Concepts: You don't know who should have gotten the card, you don't ever see the actual card - do they let you choose the color of the card? And if so, does it matter if you only get a black and white scanned image?

Let me explain a bit more clearly with a common occurrence when I would cold knock the non-responders: I'd knock on Ms Mary's door, and sometimes she would say "Oh, yes, I have it right here," and she'd go get the card an show it to me. That tells me that the data I got from the mailhouse is good, and the mailhouse did send the mailers to the list. If you do not get the list and door knock the non-responders, how will you ever know the leads are fresh and the mailing was actually done?

Main Street Power Mail and Kramer Direct offer a mapped CRM. I know that doesn't matter to agents who won't knock without a filled in and returned lead card, but to me it is invaluable to have that feature.

I also like being able to choose the color of the lead card. I've used pink, green, blue, yellow ... and when you knock on the door with that yellow card with the prospect's handwriting ... I haven't had one of them say they don't remember filling it out.

I’ve used Lead connections for 20 k or more of mailers the last 6 months . I use green and yellow as I door knock all leads hard . They mail the hard copy weekly . But I’ve been disappointed in the return rates . I love need a leads crm and they’ll mail pink and yellow . If you do 2 k at a time they do $460/1000 . But what I really like is they do an envelope return of the card so it’s private so responses higher . I also really like they mail the hard cards daily . For me having the pink, green or yellow card is super important. They never can deny they didn’t get it . I had a guy shout at me last week for door knocking him. I said sir pinch me . He said what . I said pinch me now !!!! He pinched me and I said . “ My skins as tough as leather “ and he laughed . I got in his house and sold him .

Tons of even supposedly reputablable IMO’s are reselling dm leads. The new scam from lead concepts is to sell walmart and memorial guide leads . But lead concepts leads ask for no age,date of birth and don’t even have the yr like 2021 on them . I bought some on a fixed cost program from a well known supposedly very reputable imo all know and 98% of the people told me they never filled it out. Think about how easy it is to resell leads with no ages or dates 5-10 times and make a fortune . Outside using rgi or doing per 1000 drops with 2021 and ages on there I’m suspect of all leads now

I feel your concern. Sr Life has 2021 on their DM leads, and only charge Sr Life agents $375/1000 piece mailing. These leads also have funeral expenses, life insurance, and final expenses on them. I know NASB uses those bait and switch Wal-Mart gift cards. Your IMO (or mail house) should be able to provide written proof all of your pieces were mailed, I believe it's called a "certificate of mailing" form.

Last edited:
I know NASB uses those bait and switch Wal-Mart gift cards.

Not a bait and switch unless the agent isn't giving the gift card. I'd consider the $5 gift card the "appointment setter" fee. The card also says "final expenses" and "life insurance." It offers the Walmart gift card as an incentive, not as the main offer. It also says an agent will contact you and that you get the gift card along with the information,

Sr Life has 2021 on their DM leads

I don't think the date is necessary so long as you know the card are going out and the leads are fresh. I think it is impossible to know what Lead Concepts is doing since they won't give the agent the actual card, they only add responders to their CRDM rather than the whole list, and they overcharge for the mailed list.

I’ve used Lead connections for 20 k or more of mailers the last 6 months . I use green and yellow as I door knock all leads hard . They mail the hard copy weekly . But I’ve been disappointed in the return rates . I love need a leads crm and they’ll mail pink and yellow . If

Main Street Powermail has been my best experience byb far.

Lead Connections I have used and also had a good experience. I stopped using him, if I recall, because he didn't have a lead CRM that gave access to the mapped mailing list. I don't know if that is still the case or not. Again, it won't matter for most agents. But for those who door knock non-responders to get the most out of their mailing, MSP and Kramer have a significant competitive advantage over both Lead Concepts and Lead Connections.

I love need a leads crm and they’ll mail pink and yellow . If you do 2 k at a time they do $460/1000 . But what I really like is they do an envelope return of the card so it’s private so responses higher

Now I will have to take a look at NAL. Does the CRM map and pin the whole list or just the responders? FWIW, I also like the return envelope and I do think it is good for a few extra returns each mailing.

I just ordered 1004 pieces + seed card from MSPowermail. My cost was $505.97 and includes the mailing, the data list spreadsheet, the CRM with all mailed data loaded and mapped, privacy return envelope, and the hard copies returned to me.

Tons of even supposedly reputablable IMO’s are reselling dm leads.

You can go to EFES right now and buy hundreds of the leads I bought for $30 a pop or so while I was there for pennies on the dollar. Their new President posts the link all over FB several times a week. When folks ask why I hat on EFES so much that is it. Those are my leads. I paid for them, and when I ordered them I was told they were mine exclusively. If somewhere in the paper work it said they would be resold forever if I left EFES it was not pointed out to me. But that is the sole reason I hate on EFES. It is a scumbag business practice.

I’ve bought 150 of them . Supposedly the $3 were never sold as far as they know . I’ve sold 15 or so out of it . I mix them in an area I’m in . I don’t know if need a lead has mapping . I just placed an order this week . I’m actually mailing Dsnp cards and pivot to fe if no interest in mapd . I might buy the list and just door knock the non responders with state regulated burial benefits gig .I truly believe with technology and screening phone software either you’ll have to door knock or incoming calls yrs from now . But door knockers face some odds with ring bells . I always talk to the ring bell and say speak there name . “ Hi Donna I have a delivery for you “

I’ve used Lead connections for 20 k or more of mailers the last 6 months . I use green and yellow as I door knock all leads hard . They mail the hard copy weekly . But I’ve been disappointed in the return rates . I love need a leads crm and they’ll mail pink and yellow . If you do 2 k at a time they do $460/1000 . But what I really like is they do an envelope return of the card so it’s private so responses higher . I also really like they mail the hard cards daily . For me having the pink, green or yellow card is super important. They never can deny they didn’t get it . I had a guy shout at me last week for door knocking him. I said sir pinch me . He said what . I said pinch me now !!!! He pinched me and I said . “ My skins as tough as leather “ and he laughed . I got in his house and sold him .

TR King has made a deal with RGI where we can get a 20% discount on orders per thousand. It’s $380 per thousand.
Agents under contract with Todd and Matt receive a discount code.
They had been talking about doing set price but decided to go this route.
They do not want to dispense leads,can’t say I blame them.

I’ve been running E-64 with Chris and the returns have been good up until the beginning of 2021.
Slow mail delivery...postal workers with Covid....
I like working with him,he’s a decent straight up dude. I am willing to pay a little more if I get what I want.

I am running the exact data I was getting at LC against data I’m looking at from RGI.
Exact same filters.
I am getting as much as 2x-3x more names.
What’s going on here ?

Unknowns.
I don’t like that you cannot talk to anyone there.
I don’t like not being able to choose the color of the card.
I don’t think they send you the hard copies,just the scans.
I have not ordered anything from them as this has just been announced.

Thoughts ?

I’ve been running E-64 with Chris and the returns have been good up until the beginning of 2021.
Slow mail delivery...postal workers with Covid....

I dropped 1004 Walmart gift card leads with Main Street Powermail and only got 6 back. And I dropped them in a town that actually has a Walmart lol ... That is the worst FE drop return I have ever had.

I am running the exact data I was getting at LC against data I’m looking at from RGI.

Exact same filters.

I am getting as much as 2x-3x more names.

What’s going on here ?

I can't imagine what would account for that unless RGI was double mailing to married couples, i.e. including the husband AND wife i the count and mailing both even though one address.

Wouldn’t make much sense to mail husband and wife ? If that’s the case you are paying more,almost double to reach the same household,right ?

Wouldn’t make much sense to mail husband and wife ? If that’s the case you are paying more,almost double to reach the same household,right ?

I don't know what else could account for RGI have 2X or more data in an area than Lead Connections.

I believe RGI mails PO Boxes, but that alone would not come close to making up that difference.

Back