Foremost Rate Increase?

Al3x Lee

Guru
Is anyone aware of a rate increase from Foremost on August 15th? Specifically their rental dwelling product.

I think one of my insureds is getting the ol' bait n switch from another agent

This is sort of a hard to answer questions without a lot more specifics. How much of a Rate Increase and in which State? Is it a city, suburbay, or rural risk? What does the letter say is the reasoning?

From where I sit [California] almost every property product, across the board is seeing premiums increases, coverages declines, or nonrenewals. Not 100% but in general there is nothing surprising about a rate increase, at least in my state.

That is not even getting to the inflation side of things, which is only complicating coverage costs right now.

Foremost increased my homeowner's insurance on my 'mobile home' by 33%. I called and asked why so much, they said due to inflation. I said but inflation is at 9%, the next paragraph spoken to me didn't make sense.

Foremost increased my homeowner's insurance on my 'mobile home' by 33%. I called and asked why so much, they said due to inflation. I said but inflation is at 9%, the next paragraph spoken to me didn't make sense.

jim-carrey-liar-liar.gif

Seriously though, part of it is inflation, and the other part is you are in California. I don't know if you're turned on the TV in the last 7 years, but home insurance carriers have been writing a lot of checks due to the superfires. Simply put, they need to increase rates on the homes still standing to cover the checks they are writing for the ones that burned down. Insurance economics 101. You are part of a pool that goes into paying for if someone(s) has a claim. The more claims and the bigger they are, the bigger your premium becomes. It's the only way this thing works.

yes, they do love their doubletalk.

Back