• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Free Training

You sound like you are opposed to working in rural areas. Any reason why?

The approach I use will be moderately successful in a large Metro area today.

When the PFFS plans "go away" and the govt stops subsidizing the HMO's Med Supps are going to become a lot more attractive and competitive. Especially when they announce the new Plans M & N.

M & N will have relatively small premiums, copays which I believe Medicare should have always had and they will still enable seniors to go to "any doctor and any hospital" without having to screw with staying "in network".

Agents need to be positioning themselfs for when this happens. That is when agents should be able to kick ass and take names. That is also when my approach will work extremely well in both metro and rural.

Frank.... I'm in New York State and have little knowledge of Med Sups as most all the plans I've sold have been zero dollar MAPD. Two of my best selling companies have already said they are getting out of MAPD's and I need to replace those policies. How do you see Med Sups doing this when most of my clients take home lees than $15K a year ?

What are the good companies to sell and are they available in this screwed up State of New York ??

By the way..... I spoke with Todd earlier in the year while looking for a good FE company and downloaded your trial program and it looks great.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank.... I'm in New York State and have little knowledge of Med Sups as most all the plans I've sold have been zero dollar MAPD. Two of my best selling companies have already said they are getting out of MAPD's and I need to replace those policies. How do you see Med Sups doing this when most of my clients take home lees than $15K a year ?

What are the good companies to sell and are they available in this screwed up State of New York ??

By the way..... I spoke with Todd earlier in the year while looking for a good FE company and downloaded your trial program and it looks great.

Thanks in advance for your help.

When I order a list to use to generate my own leads I order it for incomes beginning at $12,000 per year. That does not necessarily mean that they don't have more than that or a whole bunch under the mattress.

I recently sold a policy to a husband and wife. She was only getting around $300 per month and her husband was getting less than $800 per month. They lived in a very small, old house and had very old furniture. Didn't look like they had a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.

She asked me to write the check and record it in her check register. I opened up to the check register and they had a balance of over $75,000.00. I asked why so much in checking, he said "just in case I find something I want to buy".

This is not an isolated case. I have run into this a lot. One guy, living in a shack, went to his bedroom and brought out $2,000 in cash and asked me how much I needed.

I hear agents say that seniors are "broke". Not according to what I have seen in the last sixteen years. Just because they say they don't have any money don't believe it.

I sell all over the state of Missouri. I can't believe that Missouri is the only place where seniors can afford a Medicare Supplement.

I don't have any idea which companies are best in NY. I don't sell there. Each state is different. One company may be great in MO and suck in NY. Check with the department of insurance and ask for a list of the companies in NY. That would be where I would start.

If I can be of more help give me a call.

Thanks for the info, Frank.

Maybe I'm assuming too much. I'll see what I can find out about Med Sups in N.Y. I may just call you.:1smile:

I've got to do something to replace the $$ lost on MA's. :mad:

I can personally vouch for Frank's Medicare knowledge. He offered to help me and I spoke with him 3 times last week for aboout 1 1/2 hours each time.

I was knocking on doors Saturday, because I was bored and I love doing it because I want to stay busy, and on the 5th door, I spoke to a lady at her front door. She is 71 and she had her Med Supp with M.O.O ,and she said that "she was very happy with their service". I used information Frank had given me in one of our conversations to overcome the objection, was invited in and sold her a Med. Supp.:D, got referrals, and it turns out this lady knew many members of my family.

So what did you say to overcome the objection?

Some folks have mentioned here that they have had luck with door to door med supp sales. Just as a little watch-out, selling med supps door-to-door is illegal in some states, mine included. Also, cross-selling other products on the first appointment is illegal as well in my state (independent of CMS rules about MA's etc).

I am not wishing this upon you. I am just saying check it out, be legal, and happy hunting.

Oh, come on! Share some of the sizzle.

That one is real easy.

His prospect was paying too much for MOO. However, she didn't want to change because the company he recommended wasn't a "household" word like MOO, Prudential, State Farm etc are.

Once he explained that some of the biggest names in Med Supp insurance are most probably companies they have never heard of she started paying attention. It is also a common misconception among seniors that they don't want to change because the company they have at the time "pays really well" (claims that is).

The fact that the company "pays well" is one of the least important considerations when choosing a Med Supp company. They all "pay well". If Medicare approves the claim all Med Supp companies "pay like clockwork".

It has nothing to do with "selling" insurance, it has to do with educating the prospect. I do not sell insurance I educate my prospect about Medicare and Medicare Supplement insurance and sell myself.

If an agent really knows Medicare and Medicare Supplement policies well enough to give logical, factual information then objections become quite easy to deal with.

Back