• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

"Friendly" Call from Humana

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Got a call from Humana about my Rx plan. Sounded like an old fart. He wanted to know if I had any questions about my 2017 options and needed advice on how to save money.

Guess he didn't notice I have not filed any Rx claims since taking out the policy.

Then he asked when he could schedule a home visit from a Humana rep to go over ALL my options.

Never . . .

I never told him I was an agent. Wanted to see what happens when you get a "courtesy" call.

I suppose the other Rx carriers do the same. Pretty shady if you ask me.

The other Rx carriers who have MA plans to sell might do the same thing. I don't know about Silverscript, etc.

The calls from Humana that their members tend to complain about the most are the ones they make to their MA members pestering them about going to their PCP every 6 months, etc.

My mother got a nice advertisement in the mail from Humana. Saying you can get an all in one Medicare Advantage plan with a $0 or low premium. Their premium is nowhere near what you would call low in our area. Wonder what would happen if one of us mailed that same brochure.

Thanks for sharing that script.
I still get some leads from United Healthcare and they were mainly pdp leads,. folks wondering why I called. They probably got some similar pitch, said no and hung up. I got the lead as "interested" and we're both confused why either called.

Back