Frustration for Captive P&C Agent

What have you been doing this past year?

Have you got your prospecting or lead generation system down?

If not... start there. If you can self-generate at least 30 leads a week, you should have no problem finding another agency willing to help you figure out the rest.

Lots of good stuff for me to think about. Mentors...You know, I asked my manager for a recommendation for a mentor, and he ripped me a new one. Said quit worrying about that crap, just go out and meet people. My comment was, I am meeting people, now I just want to review my process and give me ways to be better.

Fighting Scots,

You need to leave your captive world (Allstate, State Farm, Farmers, Am Fam, Liberty Mutual) and go Independent. You need to open your own agency.

Here is the rub:

You need an agency or Group that can hold your hand for a time. A group or agency that can hand you a Blue print for success and assure you get on your two feet.

Ditch the looser that is not helping you. Find someone/ some group with the resources that can.

you Scots sure are a fighting/ testy group.... HAHAHA!

Last edited:
I have a friend in a similar situation. She packed up and moved on. The support was there to get her doors opened. After that, nothing. Best of luck. Do some research. Many people will tell you to get away from Captive and go Independent. Free yourself from the chains

Back