• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

GEHA and Medicare

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
Looks to me like there is never a time when someone has GEHA that they would want a supplement or a MAPD.

A prospect e-mailed me today saying he has "standard 1 plus spouse" and wants me to call him to talk Medicare since he turns 65 in April.

Before I reply, "I have nothing of value for you - please call GEHA" - I wanted to throw this out there and just make sure I'm not missing something.

I'm 98% sure there is no sale to be made - just looking for confirmation that there isn't some sort of opportunity that I'm missing.

I was more wondering if this was a situation at all similar to AON - where there is an opportunity to sell them a part of their medical coverage. I'm drawing the conclusion that it is not.

From what I read, those on GEHA can indeed enroll in a Medicare Part C plan, but GEHA will not "waive the deductibles and coinsurance" like they would if they just had Medicare A&B.

So it's not a "true supplement" - but it does seem to work like a supplement.

And from what I can tell, if they elect a MAPD, it only hurts them rather than helps them (other than some potential minor tertiary benefits).

I was more wondering if this was a situation at all similar to AON - where there is an opportunity to sell them a part of their medical coverage. I'm drawing the conclusion that it is not.

From what I read, those on GEHA can indeed enroll in a Medicare Part C plan, but GEHA will not "waive the deductibles and coinsurance" like they would if they just had Medicare A&B.

So it's not a "true supplement" - but it does seem to work like a supplement.

And from what I can tell, if they elect a MAPD, it only hurts them rather than helps them (other than some potential minor tertiary benefits).

I wish I could help, but it's been several years since I saw somebody with GEHA.

Back