• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

GI in NC................

Does anyone know a carrier that is more competitive for true GI in NC (health questions not allowed) than Uhl, Settlers, or Fidelity?

It's kind of odd, but lately I've had more than a few asking and wrote one with Uhl yesterday. The prices are so high I usually don't think that it's worth it, however, the 65-67 age group is kind of a sweet spot for this type of policy. If they kick it before age 72-74 it's a clear win for everyone.

NC is a pain. Sliding applications are not available there that go from Level to Graded.

It has to be for level or a separate app for graded, which excludes the EIWL with UHL for you. Most agents are able to write that plan in other States at full commission.

Gerber will be a good GIWL plan for you in NC or look to more liberally underwritten plans for LEVEL coverage.

RNA is very liberal on Meds and conditions and is our best seller in NC.

Thanks for the responses. It's been a long time since I placed a GI case, and usually pass them off to someone else. It may be my loss, but I don't care for the charge back and lack of renewals.

For the people that do a lot of GI, I wonder if their persistency is above 50%. When I first started in the biz, I wrote a string of these cases, and only two lived out a year.

NC is a pain. Sliding applications are not available there that go from Level to Graded.

It has to be for level or a separate app for graded, which excludes the EIWL with UHL for you. Most agents are able to write that plan in other States at full commission.
-----------------------------------------------

Foresters has Level, Graded & Modified plans approved in North Carolina with one 3 tier application.

National Guardian is another G.I. product in NC.

Back