GI, OE, Over Thinking This....?

I think you mean Type1. Most carriers are lenient on Type 2. I agree that Bankers Fidelity is the most lenient on insulin.

What about CSI, I had just contacted one of my FMO's about contracting Bankers fidelity for insulin dependents I was told better to lean csi as they will accept up to 50 units no rate up and easy app. I haven't written them yet but I have been contracted don't know why I haven't considered using them

I was told that bankers is a pain with contracting and using dif agent number for different situations as well as different underwriting for each state that varies much more then others

I don't know if any of this is true which is why I ask

----------

I only had this conversation an hour ago as I am looking to have some better options for insulin dependent I am looking at the CSI app now and it has a question that asks if have diabetes do you have blood pressure and if yes please explain this may be why I shied away from them in the past

What about CSI, I had just contacted one of my FMO's about contracting Bankers fidelity for insulin dependents I was told better to lean csi as they will accept up to 50 units no rate up and easy app. I haven't written them yet but I have been contracted don't know why I haven't considered using them

I was told that bankers is a pain with contracting and using dif agent number for different situations as well as different underwriting for each state that varies much more then others

I don't know if any of this is true which is why I ask

CSI(Well controlled taking no more than 2 meds, less than 50 units of insulin daily considered 1 med and 2 HBP meds, no increase in meds in past 2 years and BP 150/85 or lower).

It only took me a couple of weeks to get contracted, but the FMO kept screwing up my commission schedule and had me on as earned. I had to add the advancing. You have 2 writing #'s ...one for as earned and and one for advancing. If it's not on bank draft it's as earned. I was thinking about getting a release and going somewhere else, before they finally got it straight after 3 tries. Then I was starting to think I wasted a bunch of time.

I just got everything straightened out so I could start writing them. The 1st one I wrote, they came back and offered Standard instead of preferred because she gets a B-12 shotat the Drs' office once a month. I told them to withdraw it. I told her I'd write her with another company when I get back from vacation. The 2nd one I wrote, they said they needed to do a PHI because of his meds(one of them can be used for CHF)..he passed Preferred. I was going to write a 3rd one, but the lady was a few pounds too light. She asked me if she could weigh herself with heavier shoes on...it didn't add enough...maybe if she filled her pockets with quarters. I had to put her with LCBA.

So far they've been a pain in the ass and they seem really slow issuing policies. It's too early to tell. They have some niches. They'll take up to 50 units of insulin with a few heart conditions. Also, they don't have the limit of 2 diabetes meds and 2 HBP meds.

CSI(Well controlled taking no more than 2 meds, less than 50 units of insulin daily considered 1 med and 2 HBP meds, no increase in meds in past 2 years and BP 150/85 or lower).

It only took me a couple of weeks to get contracted, but the FMO kept screwing up my commission schedule and had me on as earned. I had to add the advancing. You have 2 writing #'s ...one for as earned and and one for advancing. If it's not on bank draft it's as earned. I was thinking about getting a release and going somewhere else, before they finally got it straight after 3 tries. Then I was starting to think I wasted a bunch of time.

I just got everything straightened out so I could start writing them. The 1st one I wrote, they came back and offered Standard instead of preferred because she gets a B-12 shotat the Drs' office once a month. I told them to withdraw it. I told her I'd write her with another company when I get back from vacation. The 2nd one I wrote, they said they needed to do a PHI because of his meds(one of them can be used for CHF)..he passed Preferred. I was going to write a 3rd one, but the lady was a few pounds too light. She asked me if she could weigh herself with heavier shoes on...it didn't add enough...maybe if she filled her pockets with quarters. I had to put her with LCBA.

So far they've been a pain in the ass and they seem really slow issuing policies. It's too early to tell. They have some niches. They'll take up to 50 units of insulin with a few heart conditions. Also, they don't have the limit of 2 diabetes meds and 2 HBP meds.

See none of that sounds good, I have been contracted with them 2 years and have never written them, which may mean there was something I didn't like about them out of the gate

The 2 writing numbers thing with the as earned and advance sounds like the explanation I got to why I should not bother with bankers fidelity.

I haven't really needed underwriting too much for insulin dependent till recently and last AEP as most are usually OE retiring But I wanted to fill this hole before AEP.

I'm giving a couple of test drives. See how it goes EApp seems easy enough. rates pretty good in TN and GA.

See none of that sounds good, I have been contracted with them 2 years and have never written them, which may mean there was something I didn't like about them out of the gate

The 2 writing numbers thing with the as earned and advance sounds like the explanation I got to why I should not bother with bankers fidelity.

I haven't really needed underwriting too much for insulin dependent till recently and last AEP as most are usually OE retiring But I wanted to fill this hole before AEP.

I don't know how I feel about them at this point. I'll try them a few more times, because they "look" to be more lenient in their UW...on paper. I was surprized at them not offering preferred for the B-12 shot. Most companies seem to exclude that for an injection KO at the Dr. office.

I think you mean Type1. Most carriers are lenient on Type 2. I agree that Bankers Fidelity is the most lenient on insulin.

They're quite a bit more lenient on both. Most carriers won't take a diabetic with neuropathy, retinopathy or other co-morbids but BFLIC will. They're also not concerned with a diabetic whose medications have changed in the last couple months.

Latest posts

Back