Gimme your best tips for improving in-home presentation and building value

Nicolacrayola

Expert
I’m brand new and would love to hear from those with more experience. I’ve gotten quite good at appointment setting but my in-home needs help. I have difficulty building enough value particularly with those that already have enough existing coverage to cover their burial/cremation and hear ‘I need to think about it’ or ‘ I want to shop around’ far too often. I also have difficulty with controlling the appointment (shutting up the Chatty Cathy’s and getting the spouse to join us if they don’t want to take the time) What tweaks or tips/tricks helped you to close more deals?

Here's a couple things, hope it helps...

Gaining control in a house is all about selling how busy you are. I like saying things like "I don't have a big presentation Miss Mary, I just need to go over this real quick. They've got me seeing 8-10 people today so I'll give you the quick version." Also, don't be afraid to take control by saying things like "Mary, I don't want you to feel like I'm yelling at you, lets turn the TV down so we can get through this."

Assertiveness is key. The second you ask a yes/no question, they have control and you have to fight to get it back. This principle applies in every sales scenario except for asking "should I take my shoes off" when getting into the door.

As far as them saying they have enough coverage there are many things you can do. I like to make the distinction between an agent and a broker in the beginning of my presentation so that way they know I am able to represent a lot of companies and can "fight for them" to get them great benefits. This eliminates the "shop around" objection because you are showing them you already did that for them before it comes up.

At this point, I'm getting the reason they sent in the card and guiding them through three options (no insurance, have some but want to make sure they are getting a good deal, have a good policy, but want to add more), and I make them pick one. If they can't pick one and you can't coax anything else out of them, you may have a time waster on your hands.

If they say things like "I already have insurance." Say, "Great! You actually have to have insurance to qualify for many of these programs. Which company do you have?" Often times they will say things like AARP, Colonial Penn, Lincoln Heritage etc etc. Whatever they say, I always respond, "awesome, I'm very familiar with them, there may be extra benefits available for you to take advantage of let me show you how that works."

When they grab their policy, you can go through line by line and make sure things are spelled correctly, they have the right beneficiaries on there etc. This process is where you let the company hang themselves if it's a bad policy (two year wait, very expensive, clean sheet etc.)

If it's a good policy, there will be cash value and reduced paid up value built in. You can use these values to help the client have "loss proof" insurance and get them a little extra in coverage.

This post is getting a little long, so if you want detailed elaboration on using policy benefits to accentuate someone's situation, feel free to reach out. Just know that a good percentage of the time you can improve someone's situation if you can get them to get their policy.

I hope this helps!

What tweaks or tips/tricks helped you to close more deals?

Ask more questions... Ask open ended questions... Ask questions that help build value.

"The art of asking questions is the art of the sale, don't you think?" (Not open ended.)

Questions are like little torches that light your way along a path of discovery. You discover what your client is thinking. Your not selling, your trying to help them get what they want.

But in asking there is also the all important task of listening.

Ask more questions... Ask open ended questions... Ask questions that help build value.

"The art of asking questions is the art of the sale, don't you think?" (Not open ended.)

Questions are like little torches that light your way along a path of discovery. You discover what your client is thinking. Your not selling, your trying to help them get what they want.

But in asking there is also the all important task of listening.
Find a good presentation. Then memorize and learn it until you can deliver it in your sleep.:yes:

I have difficulty building enough value particularly with those that already have enough existing coverage to cover their burial/cremation and hear ‘I need to think about it’ or ‘ I want to shop around’ far too often.
"So Beulah, when you get around to it, will you do business with me?"

After she says yes, you hand her one of these and start writing. :yes:

51kEqVSWJqL.jpg

hear ‘I need to think about it’ or ‘ I want to shop around’ far too often. I also have difficulty with controlling the appointment (shutting up the Chatty Cathy’s and getting the spouse to join us if they don’t want to take the time) What tweaks or tips/tricks helped you to close more deals?

I’m brand new and would love to hear from those with more experience. I’ve gotten quite good at appointment setting but my in-home needs help. I have difficulty building enough value particularly with those that already have enough existing coverage to cover their burial/cremation and hear ‘I need to think about it’ or ‘ I want to shop around’ far too often. I also have difficulty with controlling the appointment (shutting up the Chatty Cathy’s and getting the spouse to join us if they don’t want to take the time) What tweaks or tips/tricks helped you to close more deals?
Check out my previous post about my final expense presentation. I see you're in Virginia, I'm offering Ride a longs this week and next week in Wilmington DE. Let me know if you'd be interested.

Back