GoHealth seems shady

BuddyB

I left the company back in July 1st. Since leaving the company I recently found out that their licensing team has been appointing me with carriers without my permission nor my knowledge. Even appointing me 10/07 when I left 07/01. When calling these companies asking for a release they told me they couldn't grant it because GoHealth has me listed as an active agent there and appointed me with them and the release would need to come from them. When contacting GoHealth for a release I was told they wouldn't release me and had to wait until 6 months after the appointment date. When I asked to be removed from appointments they made after leaving the company on July 1st since they had no authority to appoint me after that and how are you going to make me wait to be released from appointments you fraudulently appointed after I left the company. I get no responses after that with several tries.

Perhaps some of the IMO's like @Todd King will chime in . . . but every appointment I have involved personally completing forms and signing (wet or electronic). I don't ever recall being given a "blanket" appointment TBA form where I can be appointed without my direct consent.

Perhaps this is routine for captive agents?

Based on your description this seems to be tantamount to an imposed 6 month non-compete.

Nope I left the company on July 1st. After leaving the company they were still appointing me with carriers and refuse to release those. I'm cool if I have to wait 6 months for the ones upto July 1st. But all appointed by them after July 1st is illegal for them to appoint. And refusing to correct illegally appointing me.

Last edited:
Perhaps some of the IMO's like @Todd King will chime in . . . but every appointment I have involved personally completing forms and signing (wet or electronic). I don't ever recall being given a "blanket" appointment TBA form where I can be appointed without my direct consent.

Perhaps this is routine for captive agents?

Based on your description this seems to be tantamount to an imposed 6 month non-compete.
We use universal contracting forms for annuities but the agent still has to approve each carrier that he/she is appointing with.

We use universal contracting forms for annuities but the agent still has to approve each carrier that he/she is appointing with.
Obviously not when I was still being appointed months after leaving without my knowledge.

I get what you're saying...that's really unacceptable. What contracting software were they using? Maybe they were having the approval emails going to their own email address (which is shady as hell but I've seen it).
No clue. I was only there for 2 months.

I am sure they somehow made sure it would be ok for them to do this to you, leaving only you to be the victim. They are just flexing muscles if no wrong was committed from your side or if you did not give a prior authorization...etc.

No clue. I was only there for 2 months.

Most of the companies I see that do this type of stuff are using SureLC (SuranceBay) for contracting. They can go in and submit contracts without your approval once you've put your profile and signature in there.

If you did do your contracting through that platform, you may be able to in and just delete your info for now. I would also call SureLC and report them as they are not supposed to be doing this.

Of course, this is all hinging on "IF" they used SureLC.

Back