Going after a new career!!!

@Cjatlanta Now that sounds like a plan! If I am giving you the best advice, I would also consider independent agencies as well so you arent learning just one carrier and that carrier Kool-Aid with SF or AllState. I started out captive, and they tought me well, but I went indy after and what I thought I knew I had to relearn in a big way. Either way, if you keep your expectations realistic and your goals lofty, youll do just fine.

Thank you and can you please expand as to why choose life, annuity over P&C?
Great information on your stick thread and gives me a lot to think about.

I won't tell you which to choose. I was in banking and investments before I switched to a life insurance company. It's a far more natural fit for me than P&C. There is more up-front compensation with life & annuity vs P&C... but P&C has far more renewal income.

Just keep in mind that YOU said you wanted life, annuity, series 6 & 63, etc. There's a lot of training, responsibility, and compliance behind the securities part especially.

Here's a 45-minute presentation I recorded a few years ago about risk tolerance and recapturing losses. There's far more into doing a good job than just presenting a mutual fund for people to buy.

I am not sure what you mean. Can you expand as to your thought process on the opening remarks?

The opening to me was a bunch of rah, rah fluff some talk down to other organizations for doing the same thing. I really don't want this to go off the rails so that's about all I will say.

That being said I know a person who was a State Farm agent and walked away.. Just keep your eyes and ears open for different opportunities that may cross your path.

The opening to me was a bunch of rah, rah fluff some talk down to other organizations for doing the same thing. I really don't want this to go off the rails so that's about all I will say.

That being said I know a person who was a State Farm agent and walked away.. Just keep your eyes and ears open for different opportunities that may cross your path.
I'm kind of with these guys... could you be less vague because I dont understand any of what you are saying... Do you have the right thread?

That we are the best stuff...
What? Have you been drinking? Who is we and again, speak freely please but try to expand on what you are saying so we can understand you. You have three people saying they dont get what you are saying so either your cerebral approach is beyond our means to translate, and we just need you to talk down to our level... or ya been drinking... either way, I'm asking because I'm interested to hear your viewpoint.

Both @DHK and @BADTROUT have offered EXCELLENT advice. Either or both will be happy to enlighten you by PM. (They do this a lot so I assume I am not overstepping by volunteering their time).

One thing I will add is this.

Folks who have been successful selling TANGIBLE products think they can transition to an INTANGIBLE like insurance and become an overnight success.

Probably won't happen. (That's reality, not being negative).

Personal lines P&C (not my gig) should be an easier track to learn but expect a LOT of competition. Big carriers and agencies spend a lot of $$$ marketing direct to consumers. You may offer the same coverage from the same carriers but until you differentiate YOURSELF from the carrier you will miss some early sales.

Commercial lines, securities, life insurance, etc all take time to learn. A LOT of time. Plus life insurance is SOLD, not bought.

Commercial lines is sold based on relationships plus understanding the market and the product.

I would put securities way down on my list of things to sell next. You can get in trouble real quick by doing something wrong.

All this being said, I am not a recruiter, P&C agent, life agent or securities guy. But I do have over 40 years in the health insurance side. Worked on the carrier side and on my own. Left corporate 25 years ago with a lot of contacts and a lot of knowledge.

Still took me 16 months to replace my previous income. VERY slow going at first. Didn't receive my first commission check until 4 months in.

I believe it was $68.

My wife was not happy.

Set goals based on activity, not sales. Much easier to gauge productivity than it is income goals.

Good luck!

Last edited:
One is Atlanta United, the other one is Asociación Atlética Argentinos Juniors (AAAJ). Hope that helped lol

Latest posts

Back