Golden Rule...American Community Mutual...Yada Yada Yada...

Nope, sure don't. Hence my initial question re. the pricing differential.

That's why I gave you the HIPAA-eligible comparison. Count on between double and triple the standard premium...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is simple; GR takes on the block GI at standard rates, waits six months then hoses them down with a huge rate increase. Just say'n.

Yup.

Over the last month, they have raised the premium on every policy I have with them (outside the 12 month guarantee) between 16 and 26 percent.

Last edited:
AC was a good carrier for mental health because they did not cover it. I was able to get a good size block covered at a below market rate. I have a handful of policies left with them because I could not move them.

Losing AC is just another blow to competition.

AC problem was they had dumb asses running the company.
Do you know on their board of directors there was not one insurance agent.

I talked to my GR rep yesterday. Unless you present a new under-written app. The original rep will not get to keep the policy once it has been moved. They will treat the moved non-underwritten policy as a house account (just like how we got screwed by unicare) It will not matter if the rep has a contract with GR. I personally have 3 policies left with AC, 2 of them will be re-underwritten. 1 by GR and the other with BC/BS IL. (their both healthy) in knowing what is going on health wise with the 3rd policy I advised them to take the offer from GR. I've been moving policies from AC since the state took them over.

I didn't get screwed by unicare. Biz moved and I got paid. What happened to you???

take on mighty sick folk on GI/no pre-x for the standard rate?

Not likely.

The Obamapool will do that.

board of directors there was not one insurance agent.

Did you know that Barry and his cabinet is almost entirely stocked with people who have never held a real job?

Latest posts

Back