• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Google Chrome and Non IE Browsers

Norwayguy

I have spent way too much time here.
5000 Post Club
Norway, ME
So I was reading a post recently about google mail and had been an outlook user for many years. Never realized I could combine my pop3 mailboxes into google and have access where ever I had access to the internet. I then read a blog post by JRoot about yesware and went and downloaded it, however Internet explorer was not supported and I jumped onto Chrome. I love chrome in the short time I have been using it as I've been getting more and more crashes with Internet Explorer....

It just drives me nuts that carrier websites only work with IE....I would love to drop IE totally but I just realized another site that doesn't work with Chrome.

Ending Rant. Oh if anyone from American National sees this post it would be nice if I didn't have to use IE, it crashed twice on me the last time I did an e-app.

So I was reading a post recently about google mail and had been an outlook user for many years. Never realized I could combine my pop3 mailboxes into google and have access where ever I had access to the internet. I then read a blog post by JRoot about yesware and went and downloaded it, however Internet explorer was not supported and I jumped onto Chrome. I love chrome in the short time I have been using it as I've been getting more and more crashes with Internet Explorer....

It just drives me nuts that carrier websites only work with IE....I would love to drop IE totally but I just realized another site that doesn't work with Chrome.

Ending Rant. Oh if anyone from American National sees this post it would be nice if I didn't have to use IE, it crashed twice on me the last time I did an e-app.

I've switched to Chrome almost exclusively too! With the exception of sites that I have to visit with IE because of compatibility. I'm not sure what has been happening with IE over the last several weeks but it has become very unstable.

I've switched to Chrome almost exclusively too! With the exception of sites that I have to visit with IE because of compatibility. I'm not sure what has been happening with IE over the last several weeks but it has become very unstable.

So its not just me.(fluffer)

Nope...not just you. If I leave an IE window open for any length of time it begins to flicker and eventually freeze. (very technical web terms)

I keep my personal login settings saved on one browser and our company setting saved on the other. I would use Firefox but even that has compatibility issues with carrier sites.

Why don't you add the ietab? I use chrome exclusively & just use the ietab when I need internet explorer.

Shoot, I didn't know IE tab existed. I'm going to try it out.
It will be interesting to see if it brings IE problems to Chrome!!!!

Dan

Why don't you add the ietab? I use chrome exclusively & just use the ietab when I need internet explorer.

I use Chrome and I just click on that little e folder thingy at top right and now I'm cloaked in IE. It's an e with a yellow circle around it on a folder about the size of a tick. :idea:

Back